Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a part # to replace the bed cover light with the .5 amp led shown in the library. Also where to buy

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,566 Posts
you need a few more posts then you can PM @Dicktator unless he sees this and responds. I am not sure if Simple Engineering has them or not.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,371 Posts
Any festoon shaped led replacement bulb in the 42 mm size will work fine. You can find them in various colors and LED arrangements for around $1 on EBay or a few more at your local parts store.

Don't get the large flat board designs that are ridiculously larger than the festoon ends, just get one that looks close to a stock bulb with a row or two of leds.

Any led layout will draw much less than the bulb that the truck came with and will provide plenty of light so don't worry too much about how many or style of leds are on it.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
ED, who I am told made this change, [fix] & had kits for cheap might still have them? If not the dictator or Mike should. The hard part is finding the fuse recommended? I bought from ED & figured better then ebay searching or wasting time & fuel running from auto parts store to store. JUST ME......

Birdmans

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Easy replacement with an LED bulb from Auto Zone or O'Reilly's. I purchased about twenty 1 amp mini fuses from Ebay for relatively small amount. You can still purchase 2 or 3 Amp fuses easily from the Auto parts store and by all means swap out that 15Amp fuse in the fuse box behind the passenger seat when you replace that bulb. A 2 or 3 amp fuse will work until You locate some 1 amps. Until You make the Transition, dont forget too unplug the light.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,956 Posts
The important thing is to change the fuse in the rear fuse box before a fire starts.

You have OEM 3amp halogen, very hot, high resistance against a 15amp fuse (03/04) and a 10amp fuse (05/06).

At least remove fuse and put in 2amp to protect your system.

It's on my SSR How to Library:

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&cid=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5

I sell flat LED, more light. My email: [email protected] Also my PayPal.

$15.00 includes 1amp fuses and mailing.

I have them in stock but on Thanksgiving break for 10days.

Dicktator

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts