Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
I doubt it will be $5K because of this year's lower price but $500 seems to be an insult and should not have been done.......??????

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Danko said:
I doubt it will be $5K because of this year's lower price but $500 seems to be an insult and should not have been done.......??????
I'll agree to that insult. Chevrolet I raise your ante 4,500 ??

·
Registered
442 Posts
Scott, Where have you been? There are '05's going for $30K !!!!!!...and one forum member just got one for $20K off MSRP so what is with the $5K you are talking about?

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Why won't GM just lower the price another 5K and they would sell as many as they could make. Then people could have jobs making them. Just price it right and it will sell. Poor GM can be so stupid sometime. Makes you wonder.

·
Premium Member
6,378 Posts
Danko said:
Scott, Where have you been? There are '05's going for $30K !!!!!!...and one forum member just got one for $20K off MSRP so what is with the $5K you are talking about?
You might be able to get a 04 SSR for that price. I talked to a dealer (Berger Chevrolet) in Grand Rapids MI. and he said he has an 05 that list for 46K on the lot new. The best he could do with the red tag sale + the 5k rebate would put a person on the road for around 38k + tax. Remember you are getting the 6.0 motor! Some ads in the Detroit area sound to good to be true.;) You have to read the small print. Just my 2cts.

·
Registered
442 Posts
ricochet, You CAN get them for another $5K off and they are still not selling and these poor sales do NOT keep the plant running. Detroit papers have had dealers advertising in the mid 30's for '05's with MSRPs in the high $40's and I bet they would take low $30's. harley, I am aware of a yellow 6 speed for sale now with asking price of mid $30's and I am not telling you where because I am now less than two months from my 401K money and if I cannot get the silver I want, yellow would certainly do me well. I wish GM well (again!).

·
Registered
190 Posts
harleyrules said:
Where can I get a yellow one with 6 speed at these prices?

Just bought one....05 Yellow 6speed...1SB Chrome wheels, gauges, floor mats,cargo trim pkg ...sticker $50.225....sold for $31,490.
I pick it up Sat......:seeya

·
Registered
442 Posts
Wow!

CONGRATS!!!!! Know of any more?????? (silver preferred but yellow is great) I am talking very low 30's, not mid.

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
My Dealer in Chicago has a used 06 with 180 miles on it for $34,900 it was a GM car. Its silver with chrome wheels. e mail me and I will give you the details if you like.

·
Registered
442 Posts
THNX but still 2 months early and since it is used, it would keep me from using my GM Card rebate of over $3K.

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Have you noticed how many of these 100-200 mile used 06 SSrs are on the market? Whats going on and just where are these cars coming from?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
gm remarketing plan . ...to show sales higher than they are gm buys 1,000 units and then auctions them off may put miles on them but thats what they do like i said before they couldnt shut down the plant they spent the same money either way whether they built vehicles or not $500 rebate? insult wait didnt people buy 2006 ssr's last month anyhow oh wait yes they did .....and they still will the $500 is just to help dealer perspective slowly rebates get bigger and supply will get limited at the rate this site is going you will be lucky to ever find the spring edition because no dealer will order it for a stock unit you guys keep saying we need to lose 10k to sell it . ..we'll just say no thanks gm . ...so if you want one you best be ready to pay i think it'll be limited production but it will cost you

·
Registered
132 Posts
Scott 0168 said:
You might be able to get a 04 SSR for that price. I talked to a dealer (Berger Chevrolet) in Grand Rapids MI. and he said he has an 05 that list for 46K on the lot new. The best he could do with the red tag sale + the 5k rebate would put a person on the road for around 38k + tax. Remember you are getting the 6.0 motor! Some ads in the Detroit area sound to good to be true.;) You have to read the small print. Just my 2cts.

:glol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts