Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today my dealer called me up to start filling out credit forms because my red ssr will be in by weeks end. The bad news is the manager wanted 10k over sticker, luckly I am friends with the sales guy who fought for me for 5k over sticker. I am a little upset since GM,s marketing director sent a memo to all dealerships for them to respect the msrp on the ssr. But I guess fast money is more of a concern to them then keeping customers satisified. I also called local dealerships and they told me that all the 2003 are above sticker but the 2004's are going to be at sticker price. They said the reason for this is that the 2003 is a limited production and the 2004 will not be.
Has anyone out there purchased an extended warranttee buy gm my dealer wants $3400.00 for a seven year 100,000 mile one. just wondering if it is worth it. Sorry guys but I just had to vent. Still I cant wait to get in and drive it home.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Warranty

I purchased a 4 year, 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty for $1600. I usually drive over 30k miles a year and expect I will continue to do so in this vehicle. The interesting thing is that if I never use the warranty, I get a refund. I also received a free 5 year, 100,000 mile drive train warranty. So if nothing outside of the drive train breaks, I get the full $1600 back. Of course, this being a brand new vehicle line, I expect things to go wrong, that's why I bought the warranty. (I had purchased an extended drive train warranty, 5 year/60k, for my 2001 Z28 and about 55k miles I needed a new engine, fly wheel and rear seals. It was about 10k worth of repair work. I would have been very unhappy if I had not gotten the extended warranty)

Have fun and don't drive as much as me....

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Short story for you guys! My local dealer has a yellow SSR sitting out front. It turned up missing for a few days and I assumed it was sold. I now hear that they ran it through the auction in attempt to get around $59,000. It's back on display and I hope they have to eat it. I will wait a long time before I get involved in price gouging.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
SHop around!!! You can get them for under 50K. Go to GM buy power, enter zip codes and email hundreds of dealers and tell them what you will pay. They will respond,because they will still make a ton of dough on this truck, even at sticker. There are quite a few dealers out there selling them at MSRP or 2 or 3 grand over. Their invoice on the SSR is a good 2k-3k under sticker.

I once had an extended warranty and it was an aftermarket one sold to me by the dealer. It sucked and getting service on it was nearly non existent. Make sure it is a GM warranty and not some aftermarket one or you will have major trouble.

T

·
0 Posts
Good advice

Take Cruzned's advice. After-market warrantees can turn out to be worthless (Ie: out of business, small print exceptions, etc.). Good ones of course but also lots of horror stories.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
extended warranty

I bought the Easy Care through the Chevy dealership. Easy Care is actually owned by Ford.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts