Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every one..Great forum ,my first post! My buddy and i, each just bought 04 ssr mine yellow his redline..Great rigs. i love it traded my 04 vett vert for it and am waiting for a new 05-06vette vert, Any way my question.. I have an 04 escalade 6.0 and am wondering if anyone knows if this is the same engine that is in the 05 SSR as if it would be and easy swap..I would consider putting it in my 04 SSR rather than buying a supercharger.. i have the tools and love doing stuff like this and i will keep both rigs..the caddy is only for winter snow driving and i really think if i swap engines i wouldn't notice the power loss...An also yes this is a little crazy... but I am for real...I would drive the SSR alot more than the caddy..as i enjoy it much much more
thanks for all your help...resale value of the vehicles does not concern me at all..as i usually keep the ones i like..

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just add the supercharger... i wouldn't screw around with the engine swap. think of all the computerize stuff that needs to be recal'd . :)

karguy

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
Check positions of all the accessories first - the SSR has a very compact engine bay.

Also I think the Escalade uses the same cast iron block as the pickups do. The 05 SSR uses an all aluminum engine - if so, you've got more weight to contend with over your front springs.

Ray

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help guys..sounds like a magna charger would be best.........

·
Premium Member
6,379 Posts
When I was at the Woodward Dream Cruise last August I asked someone how they planned on fitting the bigger 6.0 engine into the already tight SSR engine compartment. They said it was the same size engine block, just the cylinders were bored out to a larger diameter, thus creating the added ponies!
:rolleyes:
Scott 0168

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
The info I've seen about the Z06 on the Corvette Forum indicates the 7 l (427 C.I.) is a stroked 6 l, so also the same physical size. Can we have it for the SSR, please??? :)

Ray

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
A Lingenfelter conversion would bankrupt me, and I'd still be modifying an 03 with an automatic.

I'd really like to see GM build it on 07 - significantly less expensive as a factory install, and could be had with a 6 speed. The specs on the 06 Z06 are absolutely spectacular.

Hope GM's listening - I've already started hiding money in my sock, hoping it shows up in a couple of years.

Ray

Happy New Year, All

1 - 8 of 8 Posts