Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have an idea of how a 6.0 SSR might fair against a Jeep 6.1 hemi 4x4. Just saw the commercial by Jeep and it left a lot of rubber and some great time trial numbers. It reminded me of the Jay Leno SSR tire burnout. Just wondering.

·
Registered
165 Posts
It hurts to say it but i think any of the SRT's would blow us away. Yes, including a SSR 6.0 with a manual too. The awd on the Jeep is going to afford it tremendous 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. Some of the SRT forums are saying it will be second in the SRT lineup only to the Viper:eek
I've driven the SRT-10 Ram with the 6 speed and it is a rocket. I've also had the pleasure of being a passenger in my friends 300 SRT and we will lose:mad
This being said none of the above mentioned can go topless:cool

·
Registered
904 Posts
Fiveoh said:
It hurts to say it but i think any of the SRT's would blow us away. Yes, including a SSR 6.0 with a manual too. The awd on the Jeep is going to afford it tremendous 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. Some of the SRT forums are saying it will be second in the SRT lineup only to the Viper:eek
I've driven the SRT-10 Ram with the 6 speed and it is a rocket. I've also had the pleasure of being a passenger in my friends 300 SRT and we will lose:mad
This being said none of the above mentioned can go topless:cool
Well haven't raced a Jeep 6.1 hemi 4x4, But have raced the Ram pickup hemi, It might be a rocket but it was no race, I would say I would blow the Jeep away to, Give the SSR more than just it can go topless, It might take some work but when you wake the SSR up it is fun to drive

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
SS My R said:
Does anyone have an idea of how a 6.0 SSR might fair against a Jeep 6.1 hemi 4x4. Just saw the commercial by Jeep and it left a lot of rubber and some great time trial numbers. It reminded me of the Jay Leno SSR tire burnout. Just wondering.

The 0-60 numbers I see being reported:

Jeep under 5 seconds
SSR 5.4 seconds

·
Registered
181 Posts
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8.

Feb. edition of Motor Trend Magazine test drove the Hemi Jeep and here's the specs: 0 to 60 =4.8 seconds, quarter mile= 13.5 seconds at 101.5 mph. As tested price was $39,995. Weight is 4,800 lbs. Looks like it will spank the SSR unless the SSR has been highly modified.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Double-L said:
Well haven't raced a Jeep 6.1 hemi 4x4, But have raced the Ram pickup hemi, It might be a rocket but it was no race, I would say I would blow the Jeep away to, Give the SSR more than just it can go topless, It might take some work but when you wake the SSR up it is fun to drive
I traded in a Hemi Ram pick up for my SSR. You are correct as it was quick but by no means any competition for the 6.0 SSR. The 5.7 Hemi and the 6.1 Hemi are similar as apples and oranges. It is like comparing GM's 5.3L to the LS7.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Your not making the right comparison

Double-L said:
******* A Ram Hemi is one thing at 345 hp...........a SRT10 is another ball of wax......And so is the SRT8 Magnum and SRT8 - 300 C The SRT10 is over 500 hp........the SRT8 Magnum & 300C are over 425hp.....I have had 2- Ram Quad Hemis.......A Ram Quad SRT10.....And have a SRT8 Magnum now( well the wife does)....Our stock SSRs are fast........but......:seeya you better read the insignia on those Dodges before you tackel one:nono you might be in for a suprise......I sure won't run my wife for pinks.......:lol

·
Registered
904 Posts
Whitewolf said:
******* A Ram Hemi is one thing at 345 hp...........a SRT10 is another ball of wax......And so is the SRT8 Magnum and SRT8 - 300 C The SRT10 is over 500 hp........the SRT8 Magnum & 300C are over 425hp.....I have had 2- Ram Quad Hemis.......A Ram Quad SRT10.....And have a SRT8 Magnum now( well the wife does)....Our stock SSRs are fast........but......:seeya you better read the insignia on those Dodges before you tackel one:nono you might be in for a suprise......I sure won't run my wife for pinks.......:lol
Well I just have the 5.3 with a super charger and it runs 13.2 on pump gas spinning the tires all the way through 1st. So lets see

My 04+racing fuel+good tires=STR10 Killer

Have to add this- If you read the test it run 13.5 1/4, and ouch 11.7mpg through all the testing,with no tire spin, Now is that any fun if you are into this kind of thing,I can smoke the tires while I am smoking the Hemi and get 22 mpg doing it, I like the Jeeps I have had one but I just think leave the speed to someone else and just make a great 4x4 that gets you there and back at 20 mpg with a little less engine

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
I have not seen an SRT10 regular cab better then the high 13's, most at the track were in the low 14's. The Quad Cab SRT10 with automatic was in the mid 13's. The SRT10 is a great truck, but it is hard to launch even at the track.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Hummmmmmmmm

Hummmmmmmmmm some comparison........One set of cars and or trucks ....stock out the box.........and the someone comes blowing about how bad they arewith their 5.3 SSR...It seems they didn't mentioned supercharges.......racing fuel........Good (special tires)until later....Now if the stock cars and trucks that I'm talking about were equipted with the same equipment....(Supercharges ....racing fuel....and special tires)..........Get back.....if your gonna compare .......lets do apples and apples......not apples and oranges.........Your comparison has no basis........The Dodges I have owned and now own....are stock outa the box......from the dealer....Now take my SSR......With a magnacharger it will put out ...oh say about 520 hp............and lets see racing fuel......why fool with that.....lets go whole hog with a nitrious set up a big one really big one( if the bottom end would hold....and then a Morrision rear clip...Williams rear end and Goodyear 15" meat.....the whole hog now.......front suspensionthat will rise for wight transfer....lord knows the warmed over SSR really needs this.......now lets compare it with what the stock SRT10 or SRT8 run........Orh Jeep 6.1SRT........Now thats a real fair comparsion isn't.........Just like yours aye.....:lol :glol Get a life......No offence ment here but the comparison is the same:rolleyes:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ls 7

Let us get real. The chevy LS 7 is 505hp. Gets 16/26 mpg. Does the 1/4 in 11.8,0to 60 in 3.5. The GTO with LS 2 does the 1/4 in 12.9 26 mpg. The LS engines have twice the life of any hemi. If you want to run high horsepower with these blocks with a few mods. the sky is the limit. I will be running my 05 6 speedSSR against all these boys this summer. Will be getting magna charger, headers , magna flow installed in two weeks. Bring em on !! I love it !!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Question.....?

walleye said:
Let us get real. The chevy LS 7 is 505hp. Gets 16/26 mpg. Does the 1/4 in 11.8,0to 60 in 3.5. The GTO with LS 2 does the 1/4 in 12.9 26 mpg. The LS engines have twice the life of any hemi. If you want to run high horsepower with these blocks with a few mods. the sky is the limit. I will be running my 05 6 speedSSR against all these boys this summer. Will be getting magna charger, headers , magna flow installed in two weeks. Bring em on !! I love it !!
*******LS7.......in what does what....does 0 to 60 in 3.5....?????In what? Now just what are we talking about here.......apples and oranges again.......? It looks like your gona spend something in the area of 10 to 12 grand.........more power to you but are you doing this to run stock showroom Dodges?......My o5 SSR puts out about 425hp now with no mega modifications......It runs good enough to get me in trouble and burn up too many tires.....and it could also kill me.....So what do I need to prove ..... now if we want to go fast....We'll just roll this out.......Thats what this is for!!!!!!see below....Ya want us to bring this on......OHHHHHHhhhhhhh K .....Just a slightly modified 2005.......Something or other?????

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Hey Whitewolf, you drive that Something or other????? It looks like a load of fun:thumbs

·
Registered
893 Posts
Fun......WOW

KySSR said:
Hey Whitewolf, you drive that Something or other????? It looks like a load of fun:thumbs

****Load is an understatment........:smash :smash .... Hammer down :glol :glol :glol

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
NO CONTEST!!!

When I was in high school, I had an old jeep wagoneer with a V8 and a few backyard modifications. It was pretty quick for what it was, but had the aerodynamics of an umbrella.

However, I never lost a race. I just made sure that I reserved the right to choose the "street" and time. None of the hot rodders could follow me in four wheel drive through the east Texas mud, as they discovered when they saw the track.

If you run with the Jeep, don't let him choose the course, you'll be high centered on the first bump.

Chris A.

·
Premium Member
31,264 Posts
But in the end ...

it's still a soccer-mom-mobile and nobody really ever gives 'em a second look. There's nothing :cool about SUVs anymore.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
The jeep will smoke our LS 2 by a bit, primarily due to the AWD esp on the street with un reliable traction. Just some computer upgrades, esp removal of the torque reduction would be a drivers race.
For the record, abit off topic, the srt 10 rams are quick but not that quick. They regularly get their fannies handed to them at the track and street by slightly modified Ford Lightnings(chip, pully,and ported polished S/C , about 1000 bucks total) Even stock the Lightnings hook up better than the Ram and walk them with their automatics, unless the Ram driver is really good. I had a Lightning and p/o'd a couple of Ram Srt guys.
Back to the SSR, I can't wait to see what some of us will be showing at the track, esp with the Magnusons

1 - 20 of 27 Posts