Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering an SSR but would like the engine that was in the concept (6.0L V8) rather than the 5.3L.

Does anyone have any information on the likelihood of this happening (hopefully sooner rather than later)?

TIA

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
According to the book I read that I received from Automobile Quarterly, they did not put in the larger engine because it would have required a totally different tranny and powertrain, along with lots of other parts and that would have made the SSR way too expensive for most folks. This is not to say that it won't happen, but it is unlikely. They plan some power improvements from what I have read, but not necessarily a larger engine. YOu can get a lot of HP out of that small block.

·
Registered
87 Posts
6.0 Liter

My wife and I were in Daytona for Speedweek. While going through the Chevy display I heard a couple guys talking about the SSR. When I introduced myself as the owner of #286 they said they were from GM marketing (not Chevrolet marketing). They had all kinds of questions about our experience with it including our reaction to the pricing. They expressed a lot of concern about the dealer 'mark-up' over MSRP issues. They were very clear that if there was going to be a 2006 model it would have the same 6.0 liter engine that's slated for the C6 Corvette... probably with something less than the planned 400 horsepower. All of it depended on buyer demand, which would get the real test this summer.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Several sources have noted that the 6.0L will be available this fall (2005 model) along with a manual six speed. Ay Caramba!! That baby must fly!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts