Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed a kind of sucking/gasping sound when I shut the motor down coming from the engine bay. Its very quick and almost sounds like a snort. Any idea what could be causing this or is this just a normal LS2 sound.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,194 Posts
I Heard Something Similar

But just thought it was my '01 Tahoe falling in love with Crystal.

Seriously though, I have heard it too. My guess is a solenoid somewhere in the airpath. Have not given it much thought. Is it time for a deep dive into the Service Manuals?

Mikey

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It may be some sort of compression release I guess, but I will ask the Dealer service mgr. just to be on the safe side. I'll report back.

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Start the Truck cold let it run a few mins then shut it down. Put the window down to hear it better. Thats how I hear it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I hear it but it does not occur every time I shut the engine down. Thus it seems to be random. Since I've noticed no degradation and the thing starts up the next time, I write it off to the engine's complexity.

·
OP
8,226 Posts
hmmmm

I believe it may be the fuel pump...

·
Premium Member
74,143 Posts
Have not heard it as of today......maybe it is all the people looking and admiring your vehicle........maybe it might be a Mustang owner

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have the sound to

...but Im not concerned either. It almost sounds like some kind of relief valve from under the hood like in the fuel system like others have mentioned. Its almost like a cylinder in a compression stroke that did not fire. Unless its on fire or sparking, Im not concerned.

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kk7ac said:
...but Im not concerned either. It almost sounds like some kind of relief valve from under the hood like in the fuel system like others have mentioned. Its almost like a cylinder in a compression stroke that did not fire. Unless its on fire or sparking, Im not concerned.

Exactly. I notice it more when the engine is started and stopped before it is fully warm. Once at operating temp I hardly hear it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts