Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I post part of an email I received this morning. The production ramp up schedules and numbers for the new 6-Speed tranny that are in production for this month.

Marc,
The 6-speeds have already started production - wk of 11/1/04. 35% manuals week of 11/1, 18% week of 11/8, about 50% week of 11/15.

This all I know for now.

They will be hitting the dealers lots very soon. :cheers

·
Registered
162 Posts
SHWEET. I am waiting to drive one of these before I make my decision. Drove an S4 yesterday and really liked the car, but I really miss having a convertible.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well, mine shoud have been one of the 122 (35%) built last week... Boy, I can't wait. Too bad we are headed right into the bad weather!

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Asked my local chevy dealer owner ( he also drives the SSR, first silver now red)about the 6 speeds. and he has no knowledge when and can not order at this time. He says few more months before seeing them on the show room

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
One in NJ already

A dealer in NJ has a 6 speed Slingshot loaded for $50,000.
Dave

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
6 speeds are being built

saharajohn said:
Asked my local chevy dealer owner ( he also drives the SSR, first silver now red)about the 6 speeds. and he has no knowledge when and can not order at this time. He says few more months before seeing them on the show room
Hey Saharajohn,

The information that I provided in an earlier reply above came directly from the the Lansing Craft Center (SSR plant). They schedule their production line 3 weeks in advance. The orders are placed in a bank and released according to the plants availablitiy of parts. Sometimes there are constraints i.e. "6-speed" options and only those (dealer orders) that get the 6-speed allocations will be built.

Perhaps he hasn't gotten any allocations to order a 6-speed if so then he would be correct in saying that they (the dealer) won't see them for a few months.

Here again are the schedules for the 6-Speeds.

The 6-speeds have already started production - wk of 11/1/04.

35% wk of 11/1,
18% wk of 11/8,
about 50% wk of 11/15.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
As always, thanks Marc for that clarification!!

The dealer is a fairly small low volume dealer so I guess he has not been allocated

Guess now I have good excuse to drive to L. A. for a test drive at the large chevy dealer where I've bought my 03. :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
I was at my dealer in NJ tonight. He has recieved mt VIN and expects delivery of my 6-speed any day! There coming soon!!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
'05 SSr Roadtest???

Am wondering if anyone has seen a road test on the 05 LS2 powered SSr with either the automatic or 6 speed that they could refer me/us to?

Think that would make for a great story to compare the two different transmissioned LS2 powered SSr's with, perhaps, a side bar on the 03/04 automatic> focus on performance and changes.

:seeya

1 - 9 of 9 Posts