Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a part number for a manual transmission mount but these don’t seem to exist... mine is shot does anyone have any ideas where to get one or get one made??? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Have you checked with Energy Suspension they make a lot of motor mounts and transmission mounts. May not have this but might be worth a try. Is the mount for the SSR used on anything else?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sure it’s drivable
Is yours completely trashed and requiring immediate replacement before you can drive it? There may be a solution, but it will take a couple weeks... I just need to know your urgency.

Mike
Sure it’s drivable it’s just worn and I know it needs to be replaced I now have 80,000 on her.. thank you for your efforts Mike.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have you checked with Energy Suspension they make a lot of motor mounts and transmission mounts. May not have this but might be worth a try. Is the mount for the SSR used on anything else?
No apparently it was just for the SSR. It’s a funky looking rascal

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
What you're seeing might not be what you think. If you take a razor knife, you can trim that sagging rubber flap to reveal a tunnel. Now, if that tunnel is collapsed, then you have a failure. Both my old mount, which was fine, and the new mount I replaced it with had that loose skin on one side.

If you're determined to replace the mount it's a AC Delco part# 22175014 used in Gen 4 Camaro V8 6 speeds. Rock Auto shows them for the 2002 Camaro for $60. That will be the # on your mount when/if you remove it. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Topspin is right about the flap of rubber.

And yes, that looks a lot like the Gen 4 Camaro mount. The part number that I have for it is is 22174970........

Regards,

Mike
Mike, your # is for the Pontiac Firebird, while mine is for the Camaro - same part, same price, from Rock Auto. The Camaro part# is what is on my original mount.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What you're seeing might not be what you think. If you take a razor knife, you can trim that sagging rubber flap to reveal a tunnel. Now, if that tunnel is collapsed, then you have a failure. Both my old mount, which was fine, and the new mount I replaced it with had that loose skin on one side.

If you're determined to replace the mount it's a AC Delco part# 22175014 used in Gen 4 Camaro V8 6 speeds. Rock Auto shows them for the 2002 Camaro for $60. That will be the # on your mount when/if you remove it. Good Luck!
Topspin is right about the flap of rubber.

And yes, that looks a lot like the Gen 4 Camaro mount. The part number that I have for it is is 22174970........

Regards,

Mike
Thank you Mike ! You are always helpful!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts