Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought a 6 spd yesterday and drove it 500 miles home from LA... enjoyed the drive but i noticed that the gearshift is constantly trembling/shaking with the engine. the most annoying part about it is that it makes a clicking noise which i think is the pleather boot rubbing against itself as the gearshift trembles. is this normal? if so, will the pleather break in and stop making this noise because it is REALLY aggravating.

G

·
My '05 SSR did the same. All I did to correct it was leather conditioner and saddle soap and this took care of the squeak.Try it ,you will like it....Jamie

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i haven't paid to be a "supporting member" yet but i will today!

·
Registered
111 Posts
pzw8tg said:
My '05 SSR did the same. All I did to correct it was leather conditioner and saddle soap and this took care of the squeak.Try it ,you will like it....Jamie

Driving home today from my in-laws, I came to the same conclusion.... It a very annoying noise!!! Use some Saddle Soap/Leather Conditioner. I haven't tried it yet, but now have a much higher confidence that it will work...

This is assume site!!!!

·
Retired GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer
549 Posts
The shifter is bolted directly to the transmission and will move with the powertrain. We did a lot of work on the ergonomics of the shifter and the clutch. Is everyone satisfied with how these controls fit your body?

·
Premium Member
9,414 Posts
Got to sit in one in the showroom last week - felt great. Would love to try it on the street. Looks like Diggs is happy with how his works' :yesnod

Ray

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i love it - for now i just turn the stereo up to drown out the noise =)

·
Registered
3 Posts
freezer said:
The shifter is bolted directly to the transmission and will move with the powertrain. We did a lot of work on the ergonomics of the shifter and the clutch. Is everyone satisfied with how these controls fit your body?
hi freezer,

just purchased a six speed and *lot* it! you guys did a great job with the ergonomics - very nice work. thanks :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
AquaBlur said:
hi freezer,

just purchased a six speed and *lot* it! you guys did a great job with the ergonomics - very nice work. thanks :)
oops, too excited. that should have been "...and love it a *lot*..."

·
Registered
541 Posts
Ergonomics

freezer said:
I love this truck.

That being said, it is a tight squeeze for someone my size. I'm 6'5" and a bit north of 300 lbs. I was really worried about shifting and clutching but it's OK.

The shifter handle really rocks!!

The stylized R for reverse makes me smile every time I see it. I want to see if I can get that bad boy for my GTO!!

Diggs

·
Registered
111 Posts
I love it!!!

freezer said:

I broke 1000 miles on my 2005 6-speed this weekend. I love it! The clutch is great. The shifter ergonomics are perfect (and the Shifter Knob is assume!). I am still working on the annoying noise at the shifter boot. This is a really fun vehicle to drive... Spring please get here soon!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts