Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
LKMURKY
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the wife's approval to change to newer R. Yay, Jeri, Nothing like a wife who understands.
Looking for manual with Chrome package,40K is top end of mileage.
Gonna buy a new one, then sell my 04 Yellow w 39K . . . .

Found this one on North Freeway Hundai

2005 Chevrolet SSR - 1GCES14H15B120620, For Sale - $27,988 | BestRide.com
and
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Chevrolet-SSR-/391969133740

They want 27900, Seems to me it has a glass hood, and the OEM taillights are gone. Non factory 20" wheels. Not sure there actually add to the vehicle's worth in the long run.

For those who may have dealt with them, what can I expect in the way of bargaining leverage?
I'm certainly open to options on another R if someone knows of one available.
No northern cars with salt exposure, I live in the "Our Cars never rust" South.
Cary
LKMURKY

·
LKMURKY
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone have any idea what the tail lights are off of?
No Idea on lights, Hood or Rims. I think I like the Big Taillights better for visibility.
I'm going to talk to them tomorrow, I need as much guidance as I can get to deal with them, I don't plan to fly to Texas and have no ride back.
I bought Plain Jane Stock 04 last time, could have bought the upgraded model in the beginning and not be doing this now.
Cary

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
tail lights

Anyone have any idea what the tail lights are off of?

If my truck they would be [off] of it? Owner made it his truck. Can you make it your truck? Would be nice if it has a clutch up grade? Has the nurf bars I can't seem to find? My 2nd favorite color.

Birdmans

·
LKMURKY
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If my truck they would be [off] of it? Owner made it his truck. Can you make it your truck? Would be nice if it has a clutch up grade? Has the nurf bars I can't seem to find? My 2nd favorite color.

Birdmans
Ya, I was thinking they might get swapped out on the 04 before it goes.
They look like maybe a drop in replacement.

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,882 Posts
I have the wife's approval to change to newer R. Yay, Jeri, Nothing like a wife who understands.

and

They want 27900, Seems to me it has a glass hood, and the OEM taillights are gone. Non factory 20" wheels. Not sure there actually add to the vehicle's worth in the long run.

For those who may have dealt with them, what can I expect in the way of bargaining leverage?
Cary
LKMURKY

We bought ours from them in 2014. Very easy to deal with. They will only come off a little if any on price. They sell tons of SSR's and price them right. I bought ours sight unseen over the phone. They detail, polish and go over them with a fine tooth comb. l Got a senior citizen and military discount on a bus ticket and took a GreyHound bus to Houston and they picked me up at the bus depot. Signed the deal and gave them the money and showed them my insurance forms, and they sold me a 24 month warranty and put a one way trip permit on for license, and I was down the road in about an hour. 1350 miles of grins back to my house in Sturgis South Dakota. They FedExed the title to my house next day and I paid South Dakota sales tax and licensed and registered it here and was good to go. Never looked back.

Good luck. :yellow:

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts

Birdmans
The nurf bars were made by the late Floyd Bailey (SSR BLING). I purchased one of the last for the rear he had. Wish I could find Front also.

Attachments

·
Ms Donna's Driver
04’ Silver and 05’ Sinister
4,600 Posts
Not all ‘northern cars’ have had ‘salt exposure’. I have two one owner vehicles that are low mileage and have not been driven during the winter months. There are many northern SSR’s that are ‘garage queens’ and have no salt issues. Just sayn’

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
992 Posts
]
LKMURKY
I bought there as well and enjoyed the experience. Regarding leverage, IMO I don’t really think you have much. They know what they’ve got, they know you want it and the price seemed fair to me. They track down the SSRs, ship them, make repairs, clean them all up and they’ve got to keep the doors open, pay folks, etc.

FYI: I bought the warranty too. I generally don’t do that, but it paid for itself at nearby Chevrolet dealer, replacing a weeping water pump and chasing down and repairing tonneau button. I could have done both, but the warranty allowed me to drop it off and say “this isn’t right, please fix it”.

Here’s where they shined for me:
- Paul got me a hitch from someone here and I paid him what he paid. I was regularly dragging a Boy Scout trailer around with the trade in, but have never actually towed with the SSR.
- When I said I wanted to ditch the coin holder for another cup holder, he threw in the cup holder mechanism
- When I asked about the driver’s side console cup holder, we spoke at length that here weren’t any to be had. Then he gave me a second good passenger side and a broken one. He said, maybe you can do something with this? Yep, I remade them into the drivers side cup holder.
- He also pointed me to this site. I’ve read and lurked for many years, I’ve only recently started posting.
- The SSR was very clean and not “greased up” with protectant.
- They sold my trade-in Silverado to my friend the next day. He too enjoyed the experience, not with Paul, and he got the “big sister” to our SSR.. Same color, low profile tonneau cover, chrome package.

Here’s the kicker, he did all this after I had bought and paid for the SSR.

I learned quite a lot talking with Paul. I would not hesitate to buy another vehicle from him.

·
189 the LAST blur
192 Posts
carsforsale. Com

Ten SSR,
Was the Chevy dealer repair items your choice or there's. Either way, seems very commendable instead of going back to point of purchase. I wish I would have had that opportunity last year and knowing about this site beforehand. But there are some very nice trucks up north....garage queens....and I was lucky to have found one.
I followed ..carsforsale.com (basically a dealer site) for a month before I bought and just Checked and they have 193 R's listed. An option for comparison. Still a nice recommendation for NFH.

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,882 Posts
Not all ‘northern cars’ have had ‘salt exposure’. I have two one owner vehicles that are low mileage and have not been driven during the winter months. There are many northern SSR’s that are ‘garage queens’ and have no salt issues. Just sayn’

What they don't realize is southern trucks have problems also. Some have clearcoat issues, door panels glue coming loose from sun, and other heat related issues plus the flooding. You don't want a flood truck. They all can have problems. You just need to really check them out.

As far as the ones listed on the internet, cars for us etc. when you actually follow up on trying to see or buy one they have been sold for some time. When we were looking for ours we got the run around from a lot of dealers with the old ."we sold that one but we have a pretty whatever to sell you." Good luck.

Reactions: tennesseecozydog

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
We're in the South (Tennessee) and we have plenty of Salt and Brine. I believe all states have Salt & Brine nowadays, just not as much as the Northern states. Bob Alexander 2005 Redline Red For Sale, Never driven in SALT & BRINE !!!

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,882 Posts

and

Cary
LKMURKY

If you are interested in a particular SSR at Freeway Hyundai check with CASH as he has tracked down and purchased many of them for that dealership. He is very aware of their condition. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
What is that in the grill or am I seeing something that is not there? Looks like huge park lights or something. I don't recognize it guys so please tell me what it is. Also don't know if others saw this or not, but the Radiator over flow tank seems to be a bit did-colored. Don't know if that means the DEX-KILL has broken down and air has got into the system and messed things up but....... I think I would look in there really good and maybe even take a Radiator hose loose just to look inside and see what it all looks like... Hey my 2 cents.....

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,208 Posts
Love the RARE Pedal Covers and probably door sill inserts!!! (not crazy about the shade of Blue on the Alternator, but no big deal). You can't go wrong with North Freeway Hyundai--3 years ago we got our '06 FPR there + 2year warranty. Good luck, IF its what you want (can't be too picky looking for 10 year old limited production vehicle)--- He who hesitates is lost---especially with SSR's

Nick

1 - 20 of 35 Posts