Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At John Thornton Chevrolet in Lithia Springs GA USA we have 6 SSR's from around the USA. We currently have one for sale for $53,000. PRICES ARE NOW NEGOTIABLE!! Finally! If you want more information please contact me at (770)941-8560 extension 4813 or by e-mail at [email protected].

·
Registered
136 Posts
:bs :bs msrp seems a fair price. for 5000-7500 you can travel to the price and have a great time dirving it home

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:agree i'm flying to Louisiana from California for $167.50 this Thursday. Will visit my Sisiter for a few days, check out the French Quarter then enjoy a liesurely drive back. I can do a heck of a lot of traveling for $5,000 - $15.000!

Gee I wonder why he has 6 SSRs? Wouldn't have anything to do with the prices would it?:jester

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why so many

We just got the last two in the last week, we've sold 4 in the past couple of months and Mr Thornton wants to get as many as he can get.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Re: Why so many

mitchellk said:
We just got the last two in the last week, we've sold 4 in the past couple of months and Mr Thornton wants to get as many as he can get.
I am for a free market society and the right of the dealer ( anyone actually) to sell their car to the highest bidder. But it seems that common sense may be lacking down in GA!

Why don't you get Mr. Thornton out of his office and spend a little time on this site and Ebay. Realize that the price is around MSRP. The fact that other dealers around the country are selling theirs to you must give you some kind of a hint, eh? I personally hope you can sell yours for $100,000 each. It will increase the value on my baby. But I doubt you would get any more than MSRP as long as there are smarter dealers out there selling it at MARKET PRICE (MSRP).

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
I was talking with a friend over the weekend who happens to be a sales person for the local Cadillac dealer. I was asking her if they were getting any XLR's and if they were going to be selling them for over MSRP. She said they would be getting a couple of them but had made an agreement with all the other Cadillac dealers in the tri county area to not sell over MSRP. She referenced the SSR and how a lot of Chevy dealers had damaged public opinion of themselves by taking advantage of the low production number of the SSR to further their bottom line. What's interesting is the XLR first year production is only going to be about 350 vehicles about 1/10th of the SSR production number. Too bad some of these Chevy dealers have still not wised up to how the public perceives their "Market Value Adjustments" Or what ever they call it.

·
Registered
566 Posts
$4000 cash back or 0%APR

Has anyone else seen this ad in their town?? On 4

vehicles including the SSR!! Oops!! my mistake not the SSR!!

I didnt see the entire ad..it replayed again..

Ladyinred:angel

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Re: Why so many

redssrloaded said:
I personally hope you can sell yours for $100,000 each. It will increase the value on my baby.

redssrloaded, no offense but that ain't going to happen, just ask the people who bought 1997 Prowlers for twice the MSRP ( MSRP was $39K ), they would be lucky to get $28K today.

Some people might think all these negative comments about dealers charging more then MSRP is none of are business, I disagree with those who think that. Many members and visitors to this forum have not went out yet and put down there $$$$$ on an SSR, they need to know there's dealers ( it would be nice if they knew there name also ) out there don't charge over MSRP for the SSR. I'm sorry but GM could have avoided all this if they would have taken the time to make sure dealers weren't charging over MSRP, I think Bob Lutz said that would be price fixing..... isn't that what there doing at Saturn?

Can anyone explain to me why scalping tickets is illegal and why market value adjustments are not?

·
Registered
110 Posts
price fix

Speaking of price fixing, isn't it some sort of anti trust to have dealers getting together to agree what they will and will not sell any vehicle for. I know I worked a case where gas stations were agreeing on what they would charge for gasoline.

The msrp is exactly that "suggested price". Dealers should have (and actually do) have the freedom to sell below, at, or above that price.

I absolutely believe in a free market. Dealers that agree with other dealers about the price of a vehicle are not abiding by free market. I believe that falls under the definitioin of price fixing, no?

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
price fixing

Usually, though, price fixing hurts the consumer. If a group of sellers is getting together to agree that they won't sell something above a certain price, I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who would want to fight that.

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
price fixing

I would have to agree with that!! If a bunch of dealers get together and decide to sell something at the price they should be selling at which is MSRP that's good for the consumer. Now if they all got together and said were going to sell at 10,000.00 over MSRP that would be price fixing.

·
Registered
413 Posts
price

the consumer has the final word If they dont buy the price will adjust itself.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Again I have to disagree. I hate the dealers that sell over MSRP just as anyone else. I got mine at MSRP and am pretty happy. But let me say this out loud:

THIS IS NOT CONSIDERED PRICE FIXING. You can not mention antitrust matters regarding this either. If the only car in the US was the Chevy SSR, you'd be right. But the antitrust laws were created to protect the consumer. No one is really getting hurt by not buying an SSR. It's toy people. It has no other use that entertain a bunch of us car enthusiast. Nothing else. Please don't tell me that you are going to haul lumbar with yours. Right about now, I'm worried about the temp in my heated garage for my baby. The government won't care about this matter. It's $50k toy and no one cares if 3500 of us are going to have to pay $5k extra or not. I hate it and would have never bought it if it was over MSRP, but that's life. So, lets get together and boycott the dealers that sell over MSRP for our future purchases, but the game plan stops at that. Nothing else can be done legally.

I had no intentions of buying an American car, EVER. I had numerous quality problems with a few of them and love the German engineering too much. However, I am going to buy the new C6 Z06 and possibly a Denali in the near future. The C6 will be from the same dealer that treated me nice for the SSR. Cheers

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There was a VERY STRONG letter to all dealers from Rick Baldick REQUESTING that all dealers respect the suggested pricing of the SSR. I'm sure GM is keeping track of those who demand more than MSRP and will deal with them when these dealers go to GM asking for help to move slower selling vehicles with incentives and dealer rebates.

What goes around................

Bob

1 - 16 of 16 Posts