Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
3,485 Posts
I was talking with a friend over the weekend who happens to be a sales person for the local Cadillac dealer. I was asking her if they were getting any XLR's and if they were going to be selling them for over MSRP. She said they would be getting a couple of them but had made an agreement with all the other Cadillac dealers in the tri county area to not sell over MSRP. She referenced the SSR and how a lot of Chevy dealers had damaged public opinion of themselves by taking advantage of the low production number of the SSR to further their bottom line. What's interesting is the XLR first year production is only going to be about 350 vehicles about 1/10th of the SSR production number. Too bad some of these Chevy dealers have still not wised up to how the public perceives their "Market Value Adjustments" Or what ever they call it.

· Premium Member
3,485 Posts
price fixing

I would have to agree with that!! If a bunch of dealers get together and decide to sell something at the price they should be selling at which is MSRP that's good for the consumer. Now if they all got together and said were going to sell at 10,000.00 over MSRP that would be price fixing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.