Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a neat family to be part of. It's an honor to be accepted into your organization. Have one more question if I may. Has anybody had experience in converting the 6 lug hubs to 5 lug? The 5 lug after market wheel availability is so much greater than the 6 lug rims.
Thanks
JC

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Hoo-boy... Get ready for the fire works. Most people here are not fond of conversion hubs. Safety issues are a major concern.

Oops, never mind. I think I misread the post. I was thinking of Conversion adapters.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,454 Posts
I have five lug and my existing rotors were drilled out. I would not have done this but it's is not creating any issues. If you start getting in to higher horsepower, burnouts and such it probably wouldn't be advisable. But it's great for my cruiser!

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,272 Posts
Adapters have pros and cons, but for the SSR they are the easiest and most cost effective conversion. I know there are a few people here that run them and I have not heard of any issues. @xoxoxoBruce had hubs redrilled and some other major rework in prep for a swap but never crossed the finish line with his efforts. I do know that some owners had good success with having the current hubs filled and redrilled. I think the key would be to purchase from a reputable company and then just keep an eye on the installation.

Another option would be to by some custom billet wheels.

There are quite a few discussions, here are a few - 6 to 5 lug SSR conversions on Google

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,392 Posts
@JC Rods, I'm not interested BUT I just saw these this morning on Gears. Special made per instructions. Ha! I put GM wheels on the rear of Kathy's VW in '69 right after we got Married. Used cheap Aluminum adapters probably Pep Boys.
DSC_1707.JPG

Nick

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have run them on a Toyota 4 rock crawler with 40” tires as well as a keep crawler with 38” tires.neither one saw much street use but were used hard offroad.
They were 2” spacers not lug adapters but that should not make a difference.
I had never had a single problem with them.
I am 100% confident through my experience and with PROPER INSTALLATION you will not have issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts