Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,285 Posts
The places that might cause a problem would be oil pan, front accessories, height and rear of intake. Plus is this a dry sump oiling system?

·
Premium Member
9,381 Posts
You can likely get the oil pan to fit by using the aftermarket front crossmembers from Left Coast 32. Not much room under the hood for the dry sump oiling system.

Your biggest challenge would get getting a new ECM to match the engine requirements, and somehow making your stock SSR electronics communicate with the new ECM. Crank sensor and cam sensor will be incompatible with the stock ECM.

I'm learning more about LS engines than I ever wanted to know since I broke my engine a couple weeks ago.:crying:

Reactions: RedlineRyder

·
Just a Canadian Fanatic!!
2004 SSR Ultra Violet
43,030 Posts
Sure!! It just takes money!! Anything can be done if you throw enough money at it! :wink2: I found that out with my 78 Vette!!
It would be a heck of a project though!!
I often thought that the LS9 would look mighty nice in the SSR!! Definitely would need to do a hood mod for sure!! Yes the hardest part would be getting the ECU’s to talk!!

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
It would be a great project. If you need help doing It ship your truck to Las Vegas and we can get started on it. The truck can handle all that power and with a good rear tire on it would make your passenger puke. The 4L60 series transmission would also puke. Just start out with the end in mind on what you want to do and budget a large stack to get started. Merging the engine wiring and getting it to work would also need to be considered.

Regard, Jerry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts