Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could write a 'road test' but this is just a 'fun toy' and shouldn't be compared to a serious real truck like the magazines do. It has its faults but they are all forgotten once you start it, put the top down and crank up the CD. Grown women scream, kids fall off bicycles and men roll into other cars at stop lights....

The mileage sucks and 200 miles around Detroit's suburbs will shake your fillings lose, but it rides like a '7 Series' or big 'Merc' on the freeway. It's the most 'wind free' top down ride I've ever driven.

Did I mention the sound? WOW! The sound system is good but not 'state of the art'. It beggs for a Head-Up display like a Corvette and they really need to make the LS6 from the ZO6 available. These aren't complaints just predictions for the future development.

You will get a 'wind burn' returning 'thumbs-up' driving this thing. Make sure you're lookin' good because people will video you and the SSR. We had 'first week' production C5's and they didn't generate anywhere neat this kind of attention. Drive 'em a lot!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Toy Truck,

Your commentary is absolutely hilarious! I can definitely relate with you. In the first mile leaving the dealership, I had one guy yell 'sweet ride' and had another person behind me give the thumbs up. The looks this roadster gets has to be unprecedented.... It's laughable watching people in opposing traffic stare you down. And the kids go crazy when they see you, too. Even had a dog turn his head and watch me when he and his owner passed me on I-75. Yes, a dog...haha. Ok, maybe they're not color blind after all...

Brian

1 - 2 of 2 Posts