Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 5.3L
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey members this is a repost as I did not get any responses earlier,
well I am still trying to get my a/c to work while having a bad RDM. So I need some help here!
I have been able to identify the "A/C Req Sig" in the HVAC Control Module as being DKGRN/WHT wire 762 leaving out of pin 12, then going to
pin 1 of the EVAP temp sensor, then leaving the EVAP pin 2 as GRY wire 6137, then going to
connector 1 pin 4 as A/C Reg Sig of the RDM, leaving the RDM on connector 1 pin 5 as LT BLU and into Computer Data System as wire 2218.
This where I am at a loss, does anyone know where wire 2218 goes and is there a wiring diagram for the "Computer Data System?"

THanks for your HELP!

·
Tech Support/Research
1,987 Posts
Here are the diagrams.

Although this information is helpful in tracing the circuit, trying to identify, segregate and decode the actual Class 2 serial data signal being transmitted within the system that controls the HVAC compressor operation is difficult. It might be possible using either expensive equipment or a very tedious, trial and error effort using hacker techniques. I’ve been studying this for some time but don’t yet have a solution-there are many unknowns.

Circuit component Rectangle Schematic Font Slope

Product Rectangle Schematic Font Line

Font Parallel Rectangle Slope Diagram

·
Registered
2004 5.3L
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I store my ssr in my workshop, so I can keep the top down, if that's what takes to get the A/C and windows to work so that my wife and I can enjoy the ssr in the summer then we will do that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts