Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife started her 2003 SSR today and noticed that it was blowing out Hot air.
Well she just turned the A/C off and put the top down.

Later when she got where she was going and then got back in the car and started it - the A/C worked great.

Anyone have this problem?

Hmmm maybe the headlights are tied to the A/C (just kidding)

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I haven't had this problem but I have noticed that when I turn one the outside vent, cold A/C air comes out until I stop the engine and get back in again then it is just outside air.

M

·
0 Posts
I have had this problem since the day i picked up the little unit. I just turn it off then back on and it begins working. Sometimes it happens every time I turn the unit off, and sometimes it works fine for 3-4 straight days. However, it has always worked once I turn it of and back on. I took it to the dealer and as usual they could not get it to not work.

·
Registered
28 Posts
jimbeard said:
My wife started her 2003 SSR today and noticed that it was blowing out Hot air.
Well she just turned the A/C off and put the top down.

Later when she got where she was going and then got back in the car and started it - the A/C worked great.

Anyone have this problem?

Hmmm maybe the headlights are tied to the A/C (just kidding)
My AC would not blow continous cold air. On a hot day(100 degrees) we noticed the air would blow cold for about 10 seconds and then warm for about 10 seconds. The Chevy dealer said it was low on 134A fluid because the compressor was leaking. He recharged the system and ordered a new compressor. They received it in a week. They installed it in a day and it appears to work just fine now. This has been my only problem in six months of ownership. I have enjoyed this SSR more than any previous vehicle and I have been driving various Corvettes for the past 36 years. I can't complain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts