Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get the high side A/C hose for a 2006 SSR. It has the fill valve on it. Chevy part number is 15119316 and is discontinued, AC Delco part number is 15-32594 and appears to be missing in action. I am open for ideas. The bad crimp is on the hard line with the fill valve that goes into the condenser with the standard A/C type fitting. That piece has a number on the crimp joint (6MPAO215M). If I could get that part I could get a hydraulic shop to crimp the old hose to it. Otherwise I need to have a hydraulic shop cut the line and weld a new crimp fitting onto it. Any ideas?
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevrolet SSR manual transmission
170 Posts
Where are you? Here in Atlanta someone such as Auto Air+ could probably could either repair what you've got or build you a new piece from scratch. If you are anywhere nearby or wish to ship it to them call Dave Darnell @ 4043201008. From drawing on GM website looks like this part has a short piece of rubber hose & over time the rubber shrinks & seal against metal nipple is reduced thus leakage. You must replace the hose to effect a long term repair & again that should not be a major problem at a full line A/C repair facility, just get them the hose.
Tuckerred1948

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I know I can get it fixed at a hydraulic shop here in Naples. I was hoping to find a new one so I could switch them out without having to wait for my hose to have the ferule ground off and replaced.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Now we know why several fellow fanatics have more than one SSR. I suppose a situation like yours is allows he or she to fix an issue with one and have another for immediate permagrins!!!!!! Happy & Safe motoring.
Tuckerred1948

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Thanks, I know I can get it fixed at a hydraulic shop here in Naples. I was hoping to find a new one so I could switch them out without having to wait for my hose to have the ferule ground off and replaced.
You might look for another shop to repair it if you've not already committed. There used to be a place here in NE Atlanta, B&D Auto Air that would repair your hoses in about 3 hours. In in the morn & out after lunch! Bob did not grind ferrules, he cut the tube right behind the crimp sleeve then soldered(different method aluminum vs steel) a new crimp socket & nipple made for that purpose on to the tube end, lastly crimped the new R134a A/C hose on, Voila. We had many hoses repaired by them over the years & NEVER had a problem. If you were an auto shop they picked the hose(s) up & returned them PDQ! Unfortunately Bob died years ago & the business immediately shuttered. I would be surprised if something similar is not available in your area, south FL has got to have a large demand for A/C hose repair.
Good luck one way or the other!
Tuckerred1948

1 - 7 of 7 Posts