Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have owned my 2004 SSR for two weeks. What a ride.

Should the lid of the center console storage area pop up when the release button is pressed? Mine takes two hands - one to press the button and one to lift the lid - is this normal?

I am thinking about adding the three gauges to the center console. I know that one is amps, one is transmission temp. What is the third? I have been told the third is fuel consumption, outside temp or torque.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Willie said:
Hi All

Should the lid of the center console storage area pop up when the release button is pressed? Mine takes two hands - one to press the button and one to lift the lid - is this normal?

I am thinking about adding the three gauges to the center console. I know that one is amps, one is transmission temp. What is the third? I have been told the third is fuel consumption, outside temp or torque.
Sorry Willie, you must use two hands to open the console! No auto open here! The third gauge is fuel consumption for thr 04's. Seems kind of redundant as the DIC can tell you your mpg's!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Unless the guages are installed right you won't be able to open your ashtray. It's almost impossible to watch them while you're driving, so they don't do much but take up precious real estate.

·
Registered
159 Posts
You can open the console with one hand. First you push the button, then just open the door. If you lift it all the way up it will "lock" in place. To close just push it forward slightly to "unlock" it and let it fall. Enjoy!

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Remember that the guages for the 03/04 are different from the 05/06 and NOT interchangable. There are good instructions for installing the guages in this forum.
Good luck.

Welcome aboard.....:seeya

Don't forget to visit the area threads and see if an SSR gathering is happening in your neck of the woods.....you can learn a lot and have some fun...

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Willie said:
Hi All

the gauges for the 03-04 are volt meter, trans temp, and gallons per hour

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Everybody

My questions have been answered.

Maybe when I get a bit smarter I will be able to provide a few answers.

Thanks

·
Registered
2005 SSR
436 Posts
Welcome Willey

You need to get on the "pin map" that locates all of us.
I think I am the only one on the "pin map" in Washington.

I thought Bellingham was odd enough until I see you are from "Kapowsin Lake" off the Tanwax road, east of Jims corner, by Orville and Ohop. Was Kapowsin Lake formed by leakage from the Puyallup River? And all of this can be found in Surprise Valley. Wow!

Your real name wouldn't be Sue by chance, would it?

Okay, you have been picked on! Now you are part of the family.
I look forward to driving throw your area in a crusie around Mt. Rainier this summer.:seeya

Skip

1 - 9 of 9 Posts