Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I got up Friday Morning to go to the Funeral of a former VN Dustoff Pilot, and after the Funeral the weather was so nice, I told the wife let's take the R out for a drive so we're heading down Hwy 41 to Marietta to see her aunt and uncle and as we were passing Days Chevrolet there sets this beautiful 2017 Corvette Grand Sport Convertible in Sterling Blue Mataclia This was a one year color and the only made 98 convertible's in this color, so after making some fast moves to get to where I could turn into the Dealership I pull up to where the Corvette's parked the wife and get out start looking at the car and this guy walk's up behind and says how do you like it? Not looking up or turning around I told him it looks great how many miles on it he says 11,098, I turn around and it's a salesman I had bought 5 cars and trucks from in the past. Any way we shout the bull for a while I hadn't seen or talked to Mark in 7 years, he says you want to take it for a drive and of course my answer was heck Yah. We get back from the test drive Mark says up want it I said yah, but I don't think you'll give me what I want for my SSR long story short we worked a deal for a trade they wanted $66.995.00 for the Vette I wanted $32,500.00 for the SSR I got $32,000.00 for the R and with a 5-year, 60K miles, 0 deductible warranty added in we took the Vette home for $37,059.00. Hated to let the R go but we just had to have this Vette.

I have a good many SSR parts that I will be posting here soon, and I am still working on the LED lights to go behind the red reflectors on the doors all the parts came in it's just a matter of getting time to work on them.

I know this is an "R" Forum but here are some pics of the Vette.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive parking light
Vehicle Car Speedometer Steering part Motor vehicle
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Car
Land vehicle Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
30,146 Posts
I am sure you will find another SSR in time. Probably won't trade the Corvette for it though. Nothing wrong with two toys!:)

Reactions: HUAW and nj6969

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone
I was talking to a former Corvette Club member in AZ about the Vette, and he sent me the Spec's for the 2017 Corvette run and the Sterling Blue Metallic color it seems that this color was a one-year only color and there were only 98 GS Convertibles built with this color / 304 Coupes with this color and a total of 921 Vette's built with the color.

·
Slingshot Rules!
85,997 Posts
Thanks everyone
I was talking to a former Corvette Club member in AZ about the Vette, and he sent me the Spec's for the 2017 Corvette run and the Sterling Blue Metallic color it seems that this color was a one-year only color and there were only 98 GS Convertibles built with this color / 304 Coupes with this color and a total of 921 Vette's built with the color.

Is it me or what . . . I am not seeing BLUE in the photos?

Otherwise . . . Nice looking Vette.

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
30,146 Posts
Is it me or what . . . I am not seeing BLUE in the photos?

Otherwise . . . Nice looking Vette.

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !
Looks like silver to me, but my Dad was color blind.

·
Registered
2005 Ricochet Silver over Smokin Asphalt
151 Posts
The wife and I got up Friday Morning to go to the Funeral of a former VN Dustoff Pilot, and after the Funeral the weather was so nice, I told the wife let's take the R out for a drive so we're heading down Hwy 41 to Marietta to see her aunt and uncle and as we were passing Days Chevrolet there sets this beautiful 2017 Corvette Grand Sport Convertible in Sterling Blue Mataclia This was a one year color and the only made 98 convertible's in this color, so after making some fast moves to get to where I could turn into the Dealership I pull up to where the Corvette's parked the wife and get out start looking at the car and this guy walk's up behind and says how do you like it? Not looking up or turning around I told him it looks great how many miles on it he says 11,098, I turn around and it's a salesman I had bought 5 cars and trucks from in the past. Any way we shout the bull for a while I hadn't seen or talked to Mark in 7 years, he says you want to take it for a drive and of course my answer was heck Yah. We get back from the test drive Mark says up want it I said yah, but I don't think you'll give me what I want for my SSR long story short we worked a deal for a trade they wanted $66.995.00 for the Vette I wanted $32,500.00 for the SSR I got $32,000.00 for the R and with a 5-year, 60K miles, 0 deductible warranty added in we took the Vette home for $37,059.00. Hated to let the R go but we just had to have this Vette.

I have a good many SSR parts that I will be posting here soon, and I am still working on the LED lights to go behind the red reflectors on the doors all the parts came in it's just a matter of getting time to work on them.

I know this is an "R" Forum but here are some pics of the Vette.
View attachment 605766 View attachment 605767 View attachment 605768 View attachment 605769 View attachment 605770
It looks great. I can see why it caught your attention.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts