Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I have never attended an SSR event, as most of you have. Anyway, as I was driving down the road, in my general neighborhood, a truck pulled out onto the road in front of me. To my surprise, it was a yellow SSR (very shiny by the way). In the time I have had my truck now, over 1 year, I have only seen a few SSR's on the road at all. Now there are 2 driving together in Citrus Springs. I was amazed. Are they becoming commonplace? Sunday I saw 2 at a car show, but that is not unusual. So, my story is told. Who knows, maybe one will pull into my driveway.

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts
Well they haven't built any new ones since 2006 and they weren't common then.
An awful lot of the trucks were garage queens and I think a sloppy poll on here put the average owner at 66.
Now maybe some of the garage queen owners are thinking what the hell am I saving this for and driving them.
Also second and third owners may be more willing to actually use them.
Daily drivers like mine are definitely in the minority.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Your in Florida the mecca for SSR owners who are always getting together just watch the post on here I am sure you will hook up with some. Just moved from Fl. to Tn. so far this year have put about 5,500 miles on her. Guess I would qualify as a daily driver but then again how much driving does a retired guy do, although I did make a run down the Mt. to the dumps and carpet store today.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
You are one lucky person, howfisher. Living in Florida and having an SSR. WOW! Unfortunately, I live close to an area where you
DUCK coming through, Chicago. Enjoy for me, my best. LAZY ONE

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
You are one lucky person, howfisher. Living in Florida and having an SSR. WOW! Unfortunately, I live close to an area where you
DUCK coming through, Chicago. Enjoy for me, my best. LAZY ONE
:|

Lazy one.......quit being quite so lazy and get out of that area of the country. Been there and done that way back in the early 70's. Commuting from Naperville to Oak Park every day of the work week via the express way and toll way.:crying:

Kinda doubt things have gotten much (if any) better over the last 40 plus years or so. So don't keep (ducking)........keep right on driving your car and truck and van with all your stuff and get out of there.:wink2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts