Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know you want to help. So do I.
I believe that Bob and his wife Marsha took care of themselves financially!

Maybe we can help plant a forest for BobA. :ssr

This will be a way for him to share his love for the earth and a great way to remember him.

If you are interested in SSR Donation for this please PM me. :ssr

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,423 Posts
A Forest For Bob

I think this is a wonderful idea and a wonderful way to keep his memory alive.

When my mother-in-law passed we recieved a Blue Spruce Tree and planted it in our backyard. We see the tree daily and are reminded of how much she did for us and how lovely it is to still watch her stand tall.

A Forest for Bob is such a beautiful way to give back to the earth...... the gift of re-birth.

I'm sending you a PM cat66 for info

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
9,299 Posts
The Living Memory

When my wife's father passed away a number of years ago, the managers in her office gave her a plant. The little Ficus was in a small pot and was less than a foot tall. That plant is now 6 feet tall and occupies a "good light" corner in our family room. It seems to thrive in our house and is a constant reminder of Debbie's dad and the caring folks that wanted him remembered.

Wildcat - I'm thankful that you have taken the lead on making this a reality. Please let us all know when and how to help.

Heavy Hearted,

Mike

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will have more information when I return from Oklahoma. Please continue to send PM's I am saving them to a file and trying to return a reply so you know I got it. We are up to 14 now.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Follow up info....

http://www.okplanttrees.org/resources/organizations/upwithtrees/site/purpose.html

This is as far as I have gotten so far. At least I have a website.
this link give the types of trees. I couldn't cut and paste it.
http://www.okplanttrees.org/resources/organizations/upwithtrees/brochure3/brochure_3b.html

Commemorative arboretum sites are maintained at the Riverparks Arbor Garden, which is on the west bank of the Arkansas River, south of 21st street near downtown Tulsa. You may choose from a variety of trees to honor a special person or event. We stake a small identification plaque at the base of each tree with the name of the person it commemorates and the name of the tree species. The trees are planted along the jogging/walking path in the park which provides easy viewing. A commemorative planting costs $250 for each tree.

A planting site requires a minimum of 20 trees at $300 per tree. Each such site is professionally landscaped and features a large wooden sign indicating the name of the sponsor or sponsoring organization.

Not knowing yet the amount of donations we will get. I somehow don't think we will get enough for 20 tress but if we can help line the walking path in a park where we can all meet for a SSR Fanatic Meet that would be great.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok this isn't getting much discussion. Maybe we should put a deadline for taking the donations?

BobA Date Of Birth is May 9 It would be nice to have this completed by then. I will call the organization tomorrow and find out about the tree planting issues. ( I know that fall and winter is the best time to plant and have trees survive.) This will be one question to ask them.
If you want me to ask a certain question for you, please post it here.
Most of the PM's I got didn't mention an amount you wanted to send. I will need to know this too. Thanks:thumbs

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Ok after the Jan 28th Cruisers Meet in Frisco, we raised $183.00.

Each tree cost$200.00, the UP WithTrees Foundation will plant it, take care of it for three years until it has time to take root. There will be a plaque placed at the base of the tree letting everyone know who it is in honor of and who donated it.

We can now began collecting more money from everyone who has already pledged to contribute to this.
I can take paypal (but I am not set up to take credit cards) I can also take checks. I can also hold all checks until the deadline of Feburary 14th!!!!

It looks like we will be able to donate 3 Trees. :)

And one other thing, Someone mentioned being able to hold a Annual SSR meet in a central location to the united states and Oklahoma seems to be the most central to both coasts. Just food for thought!!:thumbs

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Total Collected

Here is the list of Fanatics who have agreed to contribute to the Forest For BobA
Beginning Balance $183.00

1-29-06-----------$298.00

1. ArtSmart *
  2. RadicalSSR
  3. Mike in Az *
  4. Lloger
  5. woohoo
  6. C1Trob
  7. Hotrodgirl *
  8. Furykay *
  9. Big Daddy
  10. Buffy
  11. Gina *
  12. Purple Penelope
  13. Focks
  14. Marc NY
  15. Houtex
  16. Gipper
  17. Nancy24
1-31-2006 -------------------$318.00

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
If you need my address please PM Me!!!

I am collecting the money til Feb. 14th. I will hold all checks until then and get a cashiers check to send to
Up With Trees Foundation.

Any amount is welcomed!

Two people gave me money at Cruisers Resturant and I have added that to the amount collected, but I can't remember who handed it to me. Please PM me with that info too!
:seeya

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Here is the list of Fanatics who have agreed to contribute to the Forest For BobA
Beginning Balance $183.00

1-29-06-----------$298.00

1. ArtSmart *
  2. RadicalSSR
  3. Mike in Az *
  4. Lloger
  5. woohoo Recieved payment
  6. C1Trob
  7. Hotrodgirl *
  8. Furykay *
  9. Big Daddy
  10. Buffy
  11. Gina * Recieved payment
  12. Purple Penelope
  13. Focks
  14. Marc NY
  15. Houtex Recieved payment
  16. Gipper Recieved payment
  17. Nancy24
  18. kySSR Recieved payment
1-31-2006 -------------------$318.00

Updated 2-4-06

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
About this Discussion
88 Replies
25 Participants
ggoat!!!
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing