Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Get off your @ss and get this unfair pricing by some dealers corrected, and while your at it correct the wrong you're doing to the Candians also. While you're busy correcting these problems you can also fix the pricing problem with the GTO also. Don't tell me you can't do or it's what the market demands, you can and you know it. Let's face the facts, you really don't want to sell too many of these vehicles and if too many were being sold you would raise the price to slow it down. I thought we had some car guys running the show now, not some pencil pushers or executives that don't know there @ss from a hole in the ground.

Now to piss my UAW brothers and sisters off, you need to put some pressure on as well ( and don't tell me you can't because we all know you can ). Building the highest quality vehicle you can ( and I know you do ) isn't enough today, you need someone to buy it and the SSR isn't a vehicle people really need.

GM, if you want customer loyalty you're going to have to work for it, so get working.

Al

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now to piss off some members here as well, there's 330 members here and only a hand full post on this forum.:banghead If you believe in what I'm saying say so, just don't sit on the fence..................reply to this thread . If you don't believe in what I'm say then start your own thread. :seeya

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Something has to be done otherwise we are looking at paying $50k for a stupid Cavalier in 2006, because they will believe they will get it.

Get on track GM...Ford is knocking and more than ready to kick you ass. (god I can't believe I said that...Ford? sad but true)

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am a member on other forums and the average GM loyalists are falling off the wagon and going to other makes mainly because of obscene pricing. It was the death of the F-Body (R.I.P.) for something that was supposedly in competition with Mustang, it was $10k (Canadian) more. How is that competition? It was in a league of it's own and NOT worth the price asked. $48900 for a 2002 loaded Camaro Z28 Convertible was the MSRP.:cuss

·
Registered
136 Posts
the market will take care of it, or people will keep paying tooooo much. still think you can find msrp if you look hard enough

t

·
Registered
413 Posts
price

I agree dealers can only get over msrp if we will pay it.Let them keep them a few months and the price will adjust itself

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What about when the MSRP is stupid. Canadian pricing for the SSR is base at $69,995 (not including destination charges and taxes). That is nearly $16,000 more than if I were to cross the border and buy at MSRP any where in the US. I am talking actual $ more, also keeping in mind the current exchange rate. If I were to find and purchase an SSR south of the border at MSRP I would pay about $54000 CDN.

·
Registered
218 Posts
There are many dealers in my area that are charging over MSRP and I have turned around and walked out of every one of them.

:leaving

I ordered my SSR with someone who offered a discount on it . I have bought a few cars from this dealer but nothing to brag about. Let the scum buckets try to over charge if no one buys them they will have to drop there drawers. Besides look at it this way the dealers over charging will help hold the price of the vehicles higher.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SSRcobra said:
Besides look at it this way the dealers over charging will help hold the price of the vehicles higher.
Tell that to the anyone who paid $60K + for there 97 Prowler, they would be lucky ( and mean lucky ) to get $25K for it today.

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
I am really surprised to hear how many people got snookered by these dealers paying $7500.00 even heard of people paying 10K over MSRP. I don't get it with the internet and a telephone, was not that hard to find a dealer selling at MSRP. The amount of cars available the first year (3500) should not of comanded that much buyer demand. Maybe if they had a sticker of $25K I could see it. But remember its right up there with the top of the line Vette in price. These people that paid way over sticker are going to be really sick if and when they go to sell. But I agree when all the smoke clears its GM thats gonna take it in the ass for allowing this to happen. Hopefully the dealers that made the killing on a few of these cars will end up losing a lot more when alls said and done. You know the people that got screwed won't being going back to them. And Im sure they will tell their friends.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Supply and demand drives the price on the SSR just like every other vehicle. I'm confident that prices will come down to a point where MSRP will be the high end of the range. I expect this will happen in 2004 as the demand from the 'must have' crowd is satisfied and the 'nice to have' crowd become the real market.

Like all markets for 'toys' once the demand backs off dealers will start to be more reasonable. Today you can buy a 2004 Corvette (excluding Z16) for $2500 UNDER INVOICE! Dealers are the ones GM listen to not consumers so until the dealers have a supply of SSRs sitting unsold don't expect them to put much pressure on GM to provide incentives to move the vehicle.

As for my fellow Canadians........... we're screwed on new pricing and need to start shopping in the US for low milage used units and bring them into Canada. While GM can 'threaten' to refuse warranty until they publish a statement that the warranty is void they can't do much to stop trade under NAFTA.

·
Registered
413 Posts
price

I paid for my ssr yesterday (1400 under msrp) there are dealers out there that will not hold you up just refuse to do buisness with dealers that charge over msrp and complain to BBB

·
Registered
407 Posts
I haven't heard of anyone who paid under. Good for you. I picked up mine on Thursday and felt fortunate to pay full sticker. I found about a dozen for sale at between $4000 and $6000 over sticker but just kept looking.

I think anyone with decent credit and a down payment in their pocket when they enter the showroom can get away with sticker if they are actually willing to look a bit.

I laughed to myself while at the dealer that I was buying a car at full sticker and was damn happy to be doing it. Now that's a first!

·
Registered
413 Posts
price

I made my deal 2 years ago and my dealer stuck to his word and let me have it.Ed rogers chevrolet in sparta tenn is a great dealer to deal with if you need a GM vehicle But they wont get another SSR this year

1 - 15 of 15 Posts