Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this web site looking for info on the new proposed mid-engine Corvette that is "supposed" to come out in 2018 but the photos that I found look like a new version of the Chevy SSR........lets get the rumors flowing.....LOL

Look for your self...........look at the rest of the photos

Car and Driver

·
SoCal Nut/ SuperModerator
26,547 Posts
I found this web site looking for info on the new proposed mid-engine Corvette that is "supposed" to come out in 2018 but the photos that I found look like a new version of the Chevy SSR........lets get the rumors flowing.....LOL

Look for your self...........look at the rest of the photos

I can see what you are seeing but... It would be hard to make it a pick up with the engine where the bed should bee and then there is the issue of the retractable roof.
Looks more like they used a SSR as the beginnings of the body and fit it over a frame with the power train and such so they could see how it worked, or something like that.

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
That's a bit of a Frankenmonster. Front end from a Caddy XLR, taillights off a Ford F150, Corvette roofline, Fiat X1/9 rear window, back bumper big enough for a H1 Hummer - they definitely disguised this one. Maybe they need the back bumper to push start it.

The red drawings look pretty good, though.

·
Premium Member
2,022 Posts
When you look at those first pictures, they look they a plastic model made of different parts, look at the cracks in the pavement.

·
Daily Driver
8,776 Posts
Three of those came over for the Hot Rod Power Tour a couple years ago. They had to post bond to make sure they left the country.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Leave it to car and driver to get it wrong again! That's why I no longer subscribe to it. It is a Holden Ute and from the looks, a race version. As it is wider then stock and has a wing like the V8 super cars have.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
That looks like a Holden Commodore. Maybe they used a plastic shell clone of a commodore to disguise the vette?

The 2016 commodore based on the Chevy SS platform would have been really nice to have here in the US. Oh looks like someone else thought that as well
Left Hand Utes USA
If they had not killed Pontiac in 09, the Ute would have been brought here as the G8 ST. So there were plans to bring it here. Wish they would go ahead and bring it as a Holden and also bring the HSV version too!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great to see t6he off beat pics - Not my cup of tea. They used to have a number of crazy prowler pics on their site too

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
13 Participants
chrisSSR
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing