Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,
Calook1967 here from North of Raleigh NC. We recently sold our beloved baby 2006 Silverado SS that had 40,000 on the clock and was NEVER used as a truck. So now after 50 years of driving we are considering a "Fun to Drive" and possible classic. Went and viewed a 1964 GTO Convert. last evening and decided it wasn't the right match for us. It was optioned to the extreme (PW, P/seat, A/C and on and on) but just not for us. So we are also considering an SSR. Looked at a corroded 2004 but didn't like it either. So I would love to learn about the FACTORY two tone cars. Were they just in the FPR or were they available before? And anyone know of a clean Blue one w/ manual trans for sale? Help me learn, PLEASE. And THANK YOU.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,356 Posts
calook1967, Good to see you here. Some others will chime in to answer your questions, but meantime---Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever!---Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive, when you get it. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

And, if you decide on a "Lifetime or Premium" Member you will get more benefits and no ads!? and show appreciation for tips and help. Click "Get Premium" under the Red Banner and compare the Advantages!!

Nick & Kathy

·
Daily Driver
8,940 Posts
Yes, the factory two-tones are all '06 FPRs, however there are a number of SSRs out there that have been two-toned by their owners. There are even a couple two-toned with vinyl wrap.

You said manual trans so that precludes prior to '05.
You said Blue, presumably Pacific Blue, so there were I think 532 Blue SSRs built, 145 of them were FPRs, and 20 of the Blue FPRs were manual transmissions.
There were 29 Blue/Silver, Silver/Blue, or Blue/Black FPRs built, but I don't know how many manual transmissions in those.

Happy hunting.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,380 Posts
There is a :blue: 6 speed for sale here

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,380 Posts
There is a :blue: 6 speed for sale here

Oh yea, Welcome from one of the SoCal Nuts. Let us know a bit more about yourself as suggested in Post #2.

·
Registered
302 Posts
7 of the total 32 Pacific over Silver,
3 of the total 9 Pacific over Black, and
3 of the total 7 Silver over Pacific were 6SPD.

Out of 48 Pacific two tones,
Only 13 were factory 6SPDs.

532 single tone Pacific Blues were built.
145 of the 532 we're FPR SSRs.
90 of the 532 were 6SPD.
20 factory 6SPD FPR SSRs were built.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Blue/Black????? I would LOVE that!
I found a black over silver auto FPR at a dealership but it has a salvage title.
Not that its out but I'd like to know more of the salvage reason. I'm hoping
he calls me soon.
UPDATE! He sent a video of the car that was so shaky and blurred I couldn't tell what he videoed.
I wrote back to him and he ignored me. Oh well, His loss.
Thanks
Dave

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Wow I would like to find a truck like you sold there is a blue one for sale on here with 8400miles I think.
I just bought a blue 6 speed with 58k on it I like it a lot. Had 2 red before I like red also they where auto. Good lucky lets us know what you get

·
Georgia SSRers
1,008 Posts
Come on in

Hey all,
1Chubbyoldguy here from North of Raleigh NC. We recently sold our beloved baby 2006 Silverado SS that had 40,000 on the clock and was NEVER used as a truck. So now after 50 years of driving we are considering a "Fun to Drive" and possible classic PLEASE. And THANK YOU.
There are Hundreds of SSRs advertised for sale now.

Shouldn't be a problem finding the one you like.

Some advice from an "OLD GUY" SSR lover.
The most important part of owning an SSR is THIS GROUP RIGHT HERE !
not a club, NO MEMBERSHIP DUES.
NO MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS AT ALL.
THE FAMILY HERE IS WONDERFUL AND

when you go to your first MEET you will be amazed !

The SSR is the MOST fun vehicle I ever bought !!!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
7 of the total 32 Pacific over Silver,
3 of the total 9 Pacific over Black, and
3 of the total 7 Silver over Pacific were 6SPD.

Out of 48 Pacific two tones,
Only 13 were factory 6SPDs.

532 single tone Pacific Blues were built.
145 of the 532 we're FPR SSRs.
90 of the 532 were 6SPD.
20 factory 6SPD FPR SSRs were built.
Where did you find the 32, 9, and 7? I found 19, 4, and 6.
I took the numbers from Byers'
Two Tone and Last Made registries.
Edit:
We are both correct.
The numbers I listed were factory totals.
The numbers you listed were FPR totals.

Not all Two Tones are FPRs.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Pacific over Ricochet:
32 total were built.
19 of the 32 were FPRs.
7 of the 32 were 6SPDs.
5 of the FPRs were 6SPDs.

Pacific over Asphalt:
9 total were built.