Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But I don't have one to share. It was the end of a perfect day, top down, sitting at a light by myself, I look in the rear view mirror to a stunning sunset. I look ahead and all the lights as far as I could see were now green. It was kinda poetic. I thought of my buddies on this bulletin board and thought "wish you were here!" :)

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Pictures

I don't have one either, but I was at a cruise last night and I saw a lady taking a picture of a cute little girl about 8 or 9 years old next to my SSR. I went over and talked to her and she said that out of the 60 or 70 really nice classic cars and hotrods that were there, my SSR was her grandniece's favorite. I asked the little girl if she would like her picture taken sitting in my SSR and she lit up like a light bulb. She crawled in and sat there looking as proud as could be while her picture was taken. It was a beautiful sight and I was very happy to see the big smile on that little girls face. Even the young ones love it!

·
Registered
407 Posts
kids simply love this car.

when i first drove mine home my kids ran to it, opened the passenger door, jumped in, crawled across to the driver's seat and each took turns sitting behind the wheel with huge grins.

of course no one cared but me that they all had muddy sneaks on when this happened........

i think i laughed and then cried!

rick :lol

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
9 months to 90 years! They all love it. A 30 year old mother of two (I guess 2 and 4 yrs. old) walked out of the donut shop with a hand each holding the kids and they stopped her in her tracks looking at my SSR. They wouldn't let her leave without coming over and taking a closer look!

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
You know I was just thinking about the post concerning the scene being "poetic." Maybe they should make a commerical about our SSRs with Johnny Tillotson's "Poetry in Motion" playing in the background! Yeah, some of you are old enough to remember that #2 song from 1960! Started to post the words, but that would take up too much space, I reckon.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Just hum a few bars :) jk.... I love the looks kids give because it isn't masked behind envy, pure joy. I love to see them with their mouths gapping open and fingers pointing and heads turning. That makes me smile even more. My kids reacted the same rubbing their hands over the flared fenders, and taking it all in.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
You guys and gals should see the look on the faces of my students at my middle school. They are so stoked to see this ride! It has definately been a topic of conversation in art class.

D

·
0 Posts
When I first got my SSR I drove over to a friend of mine who is a professional photographer. He in turn wanted to drive over to a friend of his who is also a professional photographer. When we got there he was outside taking Senior pictures of a girl whose school colors are purple. When she saw us drive up she went crazy and had to have several pictures taken beside my Ultraviolet SSR. They e-mailed me one of the pictures but I hate to post it without her permission. The vehicle is definitely a head turner and it's funny to see some of the expressions it gets.

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
Wish my SSR was here

Stan,

I saw a beautiful sunrise this morning in your state. I was on my morning jog as the mountains around Palm Springs began to glow red and the convertibles and roadsters sped by. Unfortunately this beautiful picture was missing my Redline. I'm here on business and didn't get to drive (not enough time). This would be a great place to cruise, though. Temps were in the upper 80s today.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts