Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use to visit the site frequently. My user name is/was: Rte66SSR. I failed to update my new email address. So, now I can't change my password. Is there any way to fix the issue? My new email address is: [email protected]

·
Ret. Air Force
3,622 Posts
I use to visit the site frequently. My user name is/was: Rte66SSR. I failed to update my new email address. So, now I can't change my password. Is there any way to fix the issue? My new email address is: [email protected]
Hey Dan,

Maybe an @Administrator will be along shortly to help you get this all figured out.

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,770 Posts
Dan, since you're Long past the "hack" that took place and new "one time passwords" were issued to your "old" e-mail address..... maybe the Admin will issue you a New one so that you can log back in and re-set your password. Follwo their instructions as to how many key strokes and what characters are needed for a New "valid" password. You can get your old screen name back, and re-set your profile. Hope this helps.
Regards, Fuji

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
An other suggestion. Once you are successful logging in, you will likely find the site looks much different than what you're used to seeing.

I'm old, and I don't like change. If you want to check out the alternative appearance, go to the very bottom left of the main screen. Click where it says SSR Fanatic full, change it to Classic.

Everything will be good again.:laugh:

By the way - thank you to the site owners and administrators to give us that option.

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Thanks @Marc NY, let us know if you'd like assistance with anything else

Fergus
In a related (log in) problem scenario, I still have to repeat entering my username and password (each day). Usually I can come back into the site later on in the day once I have logged on earlier. But next day I gotta go thru the whole "drill" again.

What specifically do I have to change or check box on or what so that the site remembers me WHENEVER I desire to come back to the site.:frown2:

·
Administrator
1,513 Posts
Hello there,

When you log in, do you check off the remember me button?
Also, there is a session timeout implemented within the forum. If you are logged in until that certain time, the forum will log you out automatically.
This is for security reasons.

Best regards,

Ed

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Hello there,

When you log in, do you check off the remember me button?
Also, there is a session timeout implemented within the forum. If you are logged in until that certain time, the forum will log you out automatically.
This is for security reasons.

Best regards,

Ed
Ed,

Yes, I do check the (remember me) box when I log in each day. Once I have previewed posts I want to see, I leave the site via the X in the upper left corner of the screen. I presume that this indeed (logs me out). If I return later on in the day or evening, I'm still able to get back into the forum without going thru a new sign on and pw. drill.

But the next day, It will not remember me and I have to go thru whole process again. Not sure if this relates to your (time out) comment and security reasons comment.:|

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Ed,

Yes, I do check the (remember me) box when I log in each day. Once I have previewed posts I want to see, I leave the site via the X in the upper left corner of the screen. I presume that this indeed (logs me out). If I return later on in the day or evening, I'm still able to get back into the forum without going thru a new sign on and pw. drill.

But the next day, It will not remember me and I have to go thru whole process again. Not sure if this relates to your (time out) comment and security reasons comment.:|
When I come to the home page, I click on user name, type the first letter, then a drop box with my name and pass word in it appears, I click on it, click remember me box, and I'm logged in all day until I click log out. If I don't click remember me it will log me out (time me out) after a little while. I don't click the X or log out except at night when I log out of everything I have open and shut down the laptop, MacBook Pro.

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
When I come to the home page, I click on user name, type the first letter, then a drop box with my name and pass word in it appears, I click on it, click remember me box, and I'm logged in all day until I click log out. If I don't click remember me it will log me out (time me out) after a little while. I don't click the X or log out except at night when I log out of everything I have open and shut down the laptop, MacBook Pro.
Well, my method trying to log on have been similar. I enter an m and if i'm quick enough it will show moscooter and I can click on it and it will show a dot dot dot, etc. pw. but when I click on log on..............it rejects me as invalid.

Next time, I will try hitting the (rember me) button before hitting log on and see what happens.:smile2:

·
Administrator
1,513 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Ed,

Thanks, I just followed your instruction, and then logged off of the site. When I signed back in this time, a message popped up and asked if I wanted chrome to save my pw? I clicked on save. So I'm thinkin' that just maybe the problem is now solved.

I'll know for sure tomorrow or next time I try to get back in.

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Thanks moscooter, keep us posted.

Niall
Just logged on for the day. It does not recognize me right away, and has the user name box there and I entered m for moscooter and if you're quick enough, it will display moscooter as a user name choice. So I clicked on that and there were already dots in the pw field.

So, I clicked log in..............Did not work. Got the same old failure message.

However, I tried it again and this time, I check marked the (remember me) box before hitting log in............Bingo, that seems to work.:wink2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
8 Participants
Administrator
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing