Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Before I make a mistake, figured I would ask a question. I am thinking of removing the Bowtie emblem from the Tailgate. Is this just double sided tape installed or are there alignment pin holes that would be left ? Thanks for the input in advance.

Bill

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
The holes (2 of them) aren't too big and can be easily covered if you're putting something else in place of the bow tie. But if you're going for the "clean look" it will require you fill the holes and repaint the tail gate.

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,306 Posts
my tailgate was shaved of both the bowtie emblem and the SSR emblems and I really like it. It is so subtle that I did not even notice it when I bought the truck. It was after I had it and was the second time I washed it that I noticed it was not there.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Don't give up the ship! Do a little digging here. In addition to the shaved look, there's a boat load of cool ideas that people have done. I swapped out the bow tie for a Corvette crossed flags emblem after seeing one here. Love it. Some have done tri-5 emblems and some have done Chevrolet script. And a bunch of other neat stuff. Seek and ye shall see. SSR's are definitely fun to customize.

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
I swapped mine out with a much larger black bowtie... I really like the look on the slingshot
Roger,

I can't believe how clean and organized your garage is!! :surprise: OCD much!?!? :laugh:

(you missed a couple of leafs btw) :pokey:

OH YEAH>>>LOVE THE AM BOWTIE!! :grin2:

Alex

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,670 Posts
I shaved off (Brazilian wax job) ALL Chevrolet bow ties and emblems....only the bow ties in the marker lights show up through the blackout markers when they are on! A lot of people ask if I built it because they don’t see any indication of manufacturer.....?
I get that question even with Chevy emblems all over it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts