Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I spotted a little problem with the top on my SSR this evening. I was demoing the top at a cruise night and I started the top up and stopped when it was halfway up so everyone could see how it worked. While we looking at all the mechanisms I noticed the hydraulic ram on the passenger side of the cover that raises and lowers the front half of the cover had some marks on it where it had been rubbing. There is a small bracket sticking out beside the stem and when ram retracts to bring the front half down it is hitting the body of the hydraulic ram. I don't know if mine was just bent a little to much or if they're all like that. It's something you might want to check. In the attachment it is the small black part of the bracket running parallel to the stem.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
:confused Maybe it is just me, but I can't see the bend in the ram that you are referring to. I have had some probs. with rubbing also but in a different area. Will shoot a pic later this week to show ya. I still have to fake out the sensor and press the top down button and release it to make it pop open, and let the top down.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
top problem

Hi Ed, The problem is a bent bracket, not a ram. I found it on both sides. I attached a new photo to show where the bracket is that's rubbing. The bracket and ram are under the cover that opens up when you raise or lower the convertible top.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts