Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GIGGLE IN HER TALK, MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND, ROUND, ROUND. AIN'T NOTHING IN THE WORLD LIKE.....

Sorry, almost got carried away. A wiggle in her walk may be cute on a big-eyed girl, but it's less desirable on your SSR. I've got the StabiliSSR's back on ebay if you want to de-wiggleize your rear end. A few changes in the product:

1. I got a note from another Fanatic that he couldn't install the side fender struts because his SSR didn't have screws in the fender well. I went down to the Chevy dealer on Sunday(when no one was around) and sure enough, on the later model 06's, the screws that attach the fenders to the wheel well were replaced with plastic push pins...actually a step backwards in stability. The kits now come with screws and washers for a late 06 application. Anyone that has had this problem with the rear StabiliSSR, pls let me know and I will make it right.

2. It also seems like the 06's have a little bit different spacing on the passenger side from the tailpipe bracket to the fender and the side strut is a tight fit. The new kits have the right strut elongated with two holes which makes it universal for all years. Again, if anyone has this issue, I will replace the hardware at no charge.

3. I saw an 03 that had a different tailpipe mounting bracket on the left side. The struts have been re-designed to attach directly to the frame on the drivers side and were switched from aluminum to stainless steel. Any problems with existing hardware, pls let me know.

4. I figured out how to set the shipping rate for multiple products on Ebay. If you get both the front and rear StabiliSSR, the shipping on ebay is now free.

Thanks to everyone that purchased the product,

Texster68

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
texster68 said:
GIGGLE IN HER TALK, MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND, ROUND, ROUND. AIN'T NOTHING IN THE WORLD LIKE.....

Sorry, almost got carried away. A wiggle in her walk may be cute on a big-eyed girl, but it's less desirable on your SSR. I've got the StabiliSSR's back on ebay if you want to de-wiggleize your rear end. A few changes in the product:

1. I got a note from another Fanatic that he couldn't install the side fender struts because his SSR didn't have screws in the fender well. I went down to the Chevy dealer on Sunday(when no one was around) and sure enough, on the later model 06's, the screws that attach the fenders to the wheel well were replaced with plastic push pins...actually a step backwards in stability. The kits now come with screws and washers for a late 06 application. Anyone that has had this problem with the rear StabiliSSR, pls let me know and I will make it right.

2. It also seems like the 06's have a little bit different spacing on the passenger side from the tailpipe bracket to the fender and the side strut is a tight fit. The new kits have the right strut elongated with two holes which makes it universal for all years. Again, if anyone has this issue, I will replace the hardware at no charge.

3. I saw an 03 that had a different tailpipe mounting bracket on the left side. The struts have been re-designed to attach directly to the frame on the drivers side and were switched from aluminum to stainless steel. Any problems with existing hardware, pls let me know.

4. I figured out how to set the shipping rate for multiple products on Ebay. If you get both the front and rear StabiliSSR, the shipping on ebay is now free.

Thanks to everyone that purchased the product,

Texster68
Jes waiting for mine (front adn back ) to show up. then i get to see just how mechanically inclined I am.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Actually Focks, got mine Monday and will be putting them on Sat. You want to meet at my husbands hanger before the burger joint!?

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
wildcat66 said:
Actually Focks, got mine Monday and will be putting them on Sat. You want to meet at my husbands hanger before the burger joint!?
Might just take you up on that, if I get them this week. Jes awaiting for the postal service to get 'em over here.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Ease of installation

Wildcat66/Focks I put both the front and the back on my black 04. Both were extremely easy and everything fit like it was supposes to. The front was the hardest, but ony because of the tight space you have to work in. I figure the back will take 20 minutes and the front may take 45. But I always error on the long side because I usually double check before I start drilling. But it was a blast to install them and even more of a blast not to shimmy, like Wildcat66 when she walks,:lol :lol :lol :lol when you go down the road.:seeya

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
:lol shake shake shake!!!! Shake your booty!!

Hey Focks if they arrive just bring them over we will put them both on at the same time, then head on over to the Burger Place!!!

I know how to use power tools:glol!!!

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Oh my gosh!!!!!:glol :glol :glol Does anyone know where the paramedics live in the Colony? If we are lucky they will live near Wildcat66.:jester

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Focks said:
Might just take you up on that, if I get them this week. Jes awaiting for the postal service to get 'em over here.
Mike,

They went in the mail last Thursday. If Cliff and Newman get over the shock of another of their brethern going "postal" last week, maybe they'll make the deliveries.

texster68

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Ok we put the stabilissr on today!!!! The putting it on the rear was very easy and took about 30 minutes. But the front was a bitch to get on!!!!

Nancy I am thinking, yeah you should take a road trip to Austin for that!!! :lol :lol :)

but the difference is great and the wiggle has stopped!

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wildcat66 said:
Ok we put the stabilissr on today!!!! The putting it on the rear was very easy and took about 30 minutes. But the front was a bitch to get on!!!!

It's easy... if you're a skinny contortionist. Otherwise a set of drive-on ramps makes it a snap. Any chain auto parts store that rents tools will have these. They charge you full price and then refund the money on return. Works out to be free.

I'm impressed that you did it on ground level. :thumbs

Texster68

1 - 15 of 15 Posts