Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am almost speechless! I have been fortunate enough now to visit the assembly plant twice with (1st time was late 7/03) both times happening purely because I met the "right" person. I guess this is "one" advantage to living in Michigan. I was told I was the first consumer to have their SSR worked on (wind noise) in the plant. I had feared bringing my SSR to my selling dealer for a wind noise problem after reading some of the horror stories on this sight that others have experienced with service appts. at their dealers. I would not be surprised that us early vehicle owners see some notices in the future for updates. I saw chrome wheels on vehicles ON the assembly line. I was told production is at 72-75 per single shift day. Employees spoke highly of the upcoming 6 litre engine which could be in the 400 H.P. range with available 5 speed (no thanks, I will take the Automatic).

I know now what we are paying for when we buy a new American made vehicle. We are getting the backing of a plant who CARES about what they are producing. Would you see this type of loyalty and backing by a vehicle made by foreigners earning $2.00 an hour? I doubt it. I left with more shirts and hats from the employee shop and will wear these items proudly!
Thanks to any of you GM employees who might know who wrote this. Your courtesy was greatly appreciated today!!!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
:D :agree Congrats to you and all of the hard working staff at the Plant. I agree with absolutely everything you have said and more.

·
Registered
407 Posts
what an experience. lucky and good for you.

this is a special car and it must have been extremely cool to meet the people who are getting it done for us.

rick:cheers

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some added info. from my plant visit today. Seems there is a possibility of Onstar (I would rather have the factory XM/GPS radio that my Escalade has) being added in the future. Some sort of tool kit is supposed to become available or is available for the small bed cover interior compartment that is in the molded carpet trim panel. I met the new plant manager and expressed my frustration in not being able to order just the interior bed cover molded carpet trim panel that was available only with the full bed trim package. I told Geoff that there are many others who would like to purchase this item- time will tell. Sounds like the gauge package is to be available now for dealers to install. I will be trying to order mine tomorrow!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts