Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Avalanche with the same Delco head unit--6 disk CD player, etc as my 2004 SSR has. On chevyavalanchefanclub.com I ran across these devices (AAI-GM24 PAC Auxiliary or Soundgate AUXGM) to plug into the back of the head unit for auxiliary RCA inputs. Has anyone installed either of these? I'm most interested in inputs into the head unit from Sirius radio and my iPod. I'm also curious about steps for the head unit removal from the SSR.

Any advice??

BTW, I'm a "newbie" having my SSR for only 2 weeks, and I have no pics to post yet!

Thanks

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
rsfisk said:
I have a 2003 Avalanche with the same Delco head unit--6 disk CD player, etc as my 2004 SSR has. On chevyavalanchefanclub.com I ran across these devices (AAI-GM24 PAC Auxiliary or Soundgate AUXGM) to plug into the back of the head unit for auxiliary RCA inputs. Has anyone installed either of these? I'm most interested in inputs into the head unit from Sirius radio and my iPod. I'm also curious about steps for the head unit removal from the SSR.

Any advice??

BTW, I'm a "newbie" having my SSR for only 2 weeks, and I have no pics to post yet!

Thanks
Ooooooooo I hope you get an answer on this! I am DYING to get my XM radio installed in mine too!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Not

According to this page the aai-gm24 won't work.

I too am looking for an aux audio adaptor that will plug and play.

rsfisk said:

Any advice??

Thanks

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Taking out the radio

My joy is at the dealer. CD changer got stuck, service told me it can be taken out quickly and repaired in few days.

Guess what, the whole dash and the air bag has to be taken out, they took out way too much before I could say don't do it. What I thought would be a 1 hour wait, I waited 4 hours then got a shuttle back home.
so no SSR for this weekend. :mad

This is how inexperienced the dealers are about our SSRs They may be friendly but...

No TSB for drive shaft? Do I personally have to pay for the change?

·
Registered
14 Posts
logjam site

they have another product, the GM12-AUX that says it's SSR compatible, for 04-05 models, the manufacturers website is lame and outdated, going to call this dealer and see if they have more info on this unit and if it's compatible w/bose radio as well :cool

·
Registered
14 Posts
:reddevil
Contacted Logjam and they say the GM12-AUX should work!!

FYI they also sell a little gizmo called the GMCELL which adds a cellphone interface for a handsfree kit that has a radio mute wire, which will mute the radio, say PHONE in the radio display and put the phone audio through the front speakers. Logjam says you should be able to use both of these devices as long as the GMCELL is installed between the radio and the GM12-AUX

B

·
0 Posts
Ordering the GM12 and CMcell today

thats for the heads up, I reviewed the specs at logjam and ordered both. will post notes and pics when done...

The Beej

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got the stuff

Now just waiting for a warm enough NJ day to do the install, will send pictures when done, damn it's cold out here this year! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13 Posts
howief said:
Now just waiting for a warm enough NJ day to do the install, will send pictures when done, damn it's cold out here this year! :rolleyes:
I just returned from a audio installer about adding a Alpine head unit without changing out the Bose system. They indicated I would need a PAC OS2 unit. This unit fits between the factory harness and the head unit. It is suppposed to work without affecting the Bose (or OnStar on equiped vehicles). I sent a tech email to Pac to see if this unit actually works.

·
Registered
14 Posts
gm12 installed!!

had some nice weather finally!! and installed the GM12 unit!! It works beautifully!! Just hit the band button until you get to the aux input, the radio thinks you have 2 aux's but the GM12 only has 1 set of RCA inputs and the audio passes when the radio is in either aux1 or 2 way cool!!
Another nice day and I'll try the gmcell unit!! :seeya

·
Registered
349 Posts
Aux input(s)

Does this mean that you can have a permanently mounted aux input, say, somewhere under the dash, to plug in an iPod, XM radio, etc.? And all you have to do is intercept the plug-in harness to the radio head unit? Sounds too good to be true! :skep :yesnod

·
Registered
14 Posts
exactly!!

Exactly, you get a left & right rca input, which you can connect anything you like! I have the xm2go unit feeding it and it is a slight but noticeable improvement over fm modulation to me, but I'm pretty critical. It is a very cool setup, will probably add the gmcell unit this week, as things are slow at work and the weather seems to be cooperating, will advise when complete and add photos then! :seeya

1 - 14 of 14 Posts