Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cruised over to Lebanon, Tennessee for "LunSup" (late lunch, early supper) this afternoon (Thursday 9/10) at the Sunset Restaurant and upon entering the side parking lot I noticed a pretty Redline Red parked parallel to the back door. Parked Banana Split and walked over and checked it out. Painted on the back window (in white) "Do Not Move" Beautiful Black Flames on front half and real Pinstripes around door handles, tailgate Bow Tie and Gas Cap door. Also front Bow Tie and Rear Bow Tie covered with 馃嚭馃嚫 tape. Now what ??? Woman's sandals on the ground (asphalt) outside the drivers door. Doors locked, woman's purse and some clothes in passenger seat and ..... key in ignition !!! SOUTHERN Chevrolet Foley, Alabama advertising metal plate on rear. Vin # 013382 ... 05 Right ??? Waitresses said it was there this morning when they came to work. Other than that they didn't know what's going on.

Suggestions, Ideas Welcome !!! "t dog" 馃嚭馃嚫馃嚭馃嚫馃嚭馃嚫馃嚭馃嚫馃嚭馃嚫:(:(:(:(:(:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
Is this like a Back to the Future episode? My calendar shows the date today is 9/9.

If you were really concerned that something is wrong, why wouldn't you call the police and let them look into it. Instead you went home and wrote about it online. So now you are officially one of those people. You know the kind who would rather pull out their phone and video someone needing help, rather than actually helping them. Or in this case more worried about posting on line then trying to get help. Or last option, making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Daily Driver
It's parked on private property so the property owner is responsible to call the police if he objects to it being there.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is this like a Back to the Future episode? My calendar shows the date today is 9/9.

If you were really concerned that something is wrong, why wouldn't you call the police and let them look into it. Instead you went home and wrote about it online. So now you are officially one of those people. You know the kind who would rather pull out their phone and video someone needing help, rather than actually helping them. Or in this case more worried about posting on line then trying to get help. Or last option, making a mountain out of a mole hill.
Stupid reply ... why would I call the Police ??? It has been there all day and it was 3 or 3:30 this afternoon when I went there for lunch. Stupid question/statement too ... Everybody's calendar today states it is 9/9, it sure as hell is not 8/9 or 10/9. Also, if is abandoned or stolen how could I help ??? I didn't want my fingerprints on it. The restaurants owner told his waitresses not to bother it, so he most likely called the Police. I'm not making a mountain out of mole hill, I just thought is was an interesting situation, you're the one making a mountain out of mole hill trying comment on a situation you no nothing about. 馃嚭馃嚫 馃嚭馃嚫 馃嚭馃嚫 馃嚭馃嚫 馃嚭馃嚫

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haven't seen a Pay Phone in years Warrior=='06, so your statement makes me ask, do you have indoor plumbing or electricity where you all live ??? :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:馃嚭馃嚫馃嚭馃嚫馃嚭馃嚫馃嚭馃嚫馃嚭馃嚫 ps Actually, all phones today are "pay" phones ... right ???:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's parked on private property so the property owner is responsible to call the police if he objects to it being there.
You're exactly right "triple x" Sunset is a Mom & Pop Restaurant that is closing after 55 years, so you know darn well he called the Police when he came in this morning. I'm surprised the Police didn't have it towed since it nearly blocked his back door that could be considered a Fire Escape passage. It's just a strange situation ... somebody know's something. You see they are not open on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday ... it may have been there a couple of days, but I would think the Lebanon Police would have discovered it, but with no license tags ... what's up ??? I'll bet it was stolen and maybe the thieves took the plates with them. 馃嚭馃嚫馃嚭馃嚫馃嚭馃嚫馃嚭馃嚫馃嚭馃嚫

Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
More people will do nothing then something. If something looks as out of place as you said, why would you not call the police? If it is stolen and hasnt been reported yet to the police, you would be helping out the owner. If something is up with the womens cloths and sandals it could be someone needs help.
Worse case the police drive by and tell you they already checked it out.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have to ask, what's the "usususus" about? Does it mean something?
You talkin' about the 5 Flags ??? "Matter of fact, I do like to brag, cause I'm mighty proud of that ragged old Flag" Johnny Cash "Ragged old Flag" 10 uh C cozydog. 馃嚭馃嚫 馃嚭馃嚫 馃嚭馃嚫 馃嚭馃嚫 馃嚭馃嚫

Premium Member
2006 Ricochet Silver # 23908
Talk about a potential coincidence. There was a 05 Redline Red for sale at Southern Chevrolet in June. Foley is about a 20 min drive from my house. It also had a miniature version on a trailer identical to the big brother. The 1st SSR I was able to drive. They desired to much $$$ and the better 1/2 not so crazy about Red. Nice truck though. Cant be that many with flames and a Foley AL, license plate cover. Just sayin............

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Talk about a potential coincidence. There was a 05 Redline Red for sale at Southern Chevrolet in June. Foley is about a 20 min drive from my house. It also had a miniature version on a trailer identical to the big brother. The 1st SSR I was able to drive. They desired to much $$$ and the better 1/2 not so crazy about Red. Nice truck though. Cant be that many with flames and a Foley AL, license plate cover. Just sayin............
"Talk about a potential coincidence" Could be !!! :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

It DID have an OEM Trailer Hitch attached to it Kofficer. I forgot to note that originally. Surprised your bride didn't like Red. When we bought in 08, wifey said it had to be Red. I wanted Yellow, so when she passed in 2019 I got a Yellow one !!!

Slingshot Rules!

Just curious, Bob . . . any way to check if it is still there?

! :cool: ! 馃憤 ! :cool: ! 馃憤 ! :cool: !

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.