Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
4,838 Posts
Back in 1989/90 I worked for a repossession company. I took cars from in front of a couple court houses, the police station, every type parking lot imaginable and of the almost thousand cars I took, almost no one ever stopped me to ask what I was doing, why was a car alarm going off or why was I disabling a car alarm. In that time I also spotted probably a dozen stolen cars on the streets and reported them to the police.

That is why I made the statement I made about why didn't you call the police. When something is out of place enough that it makes a person go HMMMM and any one of those things could be from something bad, then it is worth making the call. If it was a stolen SSR the person who lost it would hope someone would notice it and call it in. The thing of the women's shoes out side the truck and the keys in it, with it being parked behind a restaurant, again would have been enough to make me question why. It is not my business to figure out why, but at least calling the police to let them look into it more, is what we see less and less now days. Go back 30 years ago and you had a good reason not to. There wasn't a phone around. But now everyone has one in their pocket.

·
Premium Member
7,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Bob sometimes gives us reasons to break his balls but this ain't one of 'em.
If I pull in some place with an SSR parked I'll go over and look at it, might even note the VIN for CASH.
But if it has no plates, key in it, and personal effects, I'd wonder if some Fanatic got ripped off.
If my truck was stolen and somebody spotted it I'd be real grateful if they'd say something.
You can blab all day about the SSR family and friendships, but talk's cheap.
I do the same Bruce, but this one had been checked out 50 times in 2 days and the waitresses were tired of explaining the situation to customers. They were only happy to discuss it with me since I'm a regular customer. You know the police eyeballed it every hour they went by. Ms. Jeane said almost everybody noticed the key in the ignition, the purse and the lady's sandals, so what the hell else could I do or add ???

·
Premium Member
7,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Back in 1989/90 I worked for a repossession company. I took cars from in front of a couple court houses, the police station, every type parking lot imaginable and of the almost thousand cars I took, almost no one ever stopped me to ask what I was doing, why was a car alarm going off or why was I disabling a car alarm. In that time I also spotted probably a dozen stolen cars on the streets and reported them to the police.

That is why I made the statement I made about why didn't you call the police. When something is out of place enough that it makes a person go HMMMM and any one of those things could be from something bad, then it is worth making the call. If it was a stolen SSR the person who lost it would hope someone would notice it and call it in. The thing of the women's shoes out side the truck and the keys in it, with it being parked behind a restaurant, again would have been enough to make me question why. It is not my business to figure out why, but at least calling the police to let them look into it more, is what we see less and less now days. Go back 30 years ago and you had a good reason not to. There wasn't a phone around. But now everyone has one in their pocket.
Been sittin' there for 12 hours when I saw it and you think the law had not checked it out and you want me to call the Police ??? What hell do you think I went in the restaurant and asked "What's up with the little red truck outback" ??? Damn parkin' lot is full of cars and pick up trucks and you want ME to call the ef-n Police, like nobody else during the day had noticed "some dirty red truck is almost blocking the back door" Anybody else got any more asinine ideas ??? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
(y)
I think I posed the same question many months and/or years ago. Never got an answer.:unsure:
:unsure:
Well, those of you that have backed up my post on top of another asking the same question, If you read post #17, he seems to infer that a repeated us us us us , etc. somehow and/or someway turns into flags. Go figure just how that happens.:cool:

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.