Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the original black mesh one. My wife would like a clear one, it would be easier to see through and wouldn't have the black bar at the top that does block the view somewhat.

I'm tall and need all the leg room. My question is,"Do aftermarket wind breaks limit seat travel?"
I already have the original and it has an attachment bracket behind each seat, but the screen is not touched by the seats. Are the clears ones similar?

I think she is getting the wind break and I am getting the metal radiator support for Christmas:smile2:

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Most of the clear ones I have seen use the same style mounting so seat travel is not changed. I have an original wind Supressr made made Ray Hobel. I do not think he builds them anymore. The clear ones from the guy in Florida appear to mount in a similar fashion.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
AND----------THE seat still hits & you can't use the recline-----handle. THAT SAID, I would not be without one.

Birdmans

·
Super Moderator
14,052 Posts
I don't think it matters - we are all restricted as far as seat release area.
I am only 6 ft and I put my seat back as far as possible
I think girth is more of an issue.

Gary Peterson (Florida Stainless) is a paying SSR Fanatic Supporting member
Please support him rather than other ebay sources

Gary has a ton of other stuff available as well - just google "Florida Stainless"

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think it matters - we are all restricted as far as seat release area.
I am only 6 ft and I put my seat back as far as possible
I think girth is more of an issue.

Gary Peterson (Florida Stainless) is a paying SSR Fanatic Supporting member
Please support him rather than other ebay sources

Gary has a ton of other stuff available as well - just google "Florida Stainless"
I imagine all lexan and plexiglass units would fit the same way. So, if I do make the change the seat travel would be the same with all the after market ones.
What I was wanting to find out was, "Do the aftermarket ones prevent the seat from leaning back as much, because they go straight up and not back and then up, like the OEM."

Gary seems to have what I want. If I loose a little in one area I'll gain it in another.

I'm going for it.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
I’m short so seat travel not a problem I bought 3 SSR I installed on first 2 the third had one I really like them I would not want the orginal one unless only option

·
Premium Member
38,470 Posts
One thing you may want to think about is the reflections from headlights, especially when you're looking at the rearview mirror. With that said I have a plexiglass in my 03 and factory in 04. Like plexiglass in day time but prefer factory at night.
Just my 2 cents

:black:
:purple:
Krazy Ed

·
Super Moderator
14,052 Posts
Good grief!

Focks @ Springfield Rally.jpg

I never met our good SSR Fanatic friend Fochs, but as I understand he was 6.5 feet and a loving ton!
Figure it out!
Half an inch either way isn't going to matter much

***Sorry, I think I digressed! HaHa!
Hey Fochs!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts