·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to purchase an 05 :ssr what constructive advise is recommended THX

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,105 Posts
It's a buyer's market. You have control.

If it is black, be sure to look at the entire truck IN THE SUN. Look for large color variation where the bed cover, top storage cover and rear fender meet at the front top corner of the rear fender. If it is a "good" one, ther three panels will match nicely in all light situations.

$0 deductable 72 month 100,000 mile extended warranty should not cost more than $2300. If it does, you can purchase this from any dealer within 150 days of new and still get the new car pricing on the extended warranty.

Others will have suggestions too.......

Mike

·
Premium Member
6,376 Posts
Trade In Deals

Has any one tried to trade in their 03 or 04 for a newer 05 or 06 SSR? Just wondered what low ball difference they came up with? $$$$$ :rolleyes:

Scott 0168

·
Registered
193 Posts
bills03z said:
I am about to purchase an 05 :ssr what constructive advise is recommended THX
Congratulations :seeya
Be prepared to increase your typical drive times.
This IS NOT a "gets you from point A to point B" vehicle. :thumbs

Good luck...........
Jim

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,323 Posts
GM Warranty

Actually you can buy an extended GM warranty at any time before the original warranty ends. New warranty pricing is in effect until 12 months or 12,000 miles are reached, after that the plan costs change slightly to the "used" pricing tables.
fichtnerchevrolet.com quoted me a VERY good price for my 2003, they sell at near cost and without sales tax. A Major Guard (the highest level of the 5 plans available) 36 month (starts on the day you sign the paperwork) 36K miles (added to the current mileage) with a $100 deductible was $795. I usually don't keep toys very long so 3 year warranty will be a selling point for the next owner or I can get a refund at any time. The 36K miles are added to the existing mileage at time of purchase.

Good luck
:seeya

mikem-2005 said:
It's a buyer's market. You have control.

If it is black, be sure to look at the entire truck IN THE SUN. Look for large color variation where the bed cover, top storage cover and rear fender meet at the front top corner of the rear fender. If it is a "good" one, ther three panels will match nicely in all light situations.

$0 deductable 72 month 100,000 mile extended warranty should not cost more than $2300. If it does, you can purchase this from any dealer within 150 days of new and still get the new car pricing on the extended warranty.

Others will have suggestions too.......

Mike

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Dragon....is that with a GM Plan??

P/P

Peace

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Scott 0168 said:
Has any one tried to trade in their 03 or 04 for a newer 05 or 06 SSR? Just wondered what low ball difference they came up with? $$$$$ :rolleyes:

Scott 0168

yes.... They only offered $25k for my 04 Smokin Asphault loaded with the chrome wheels and all. 7k miles on the OD and is in mint condition... As far as looks.. :lol

SSRFan said:
This IS NOT a "gets you from point A to point B" vehicle.
So very true..Mine has been point A to dealer back to point A then maybe to point B but then back to the dealer and then maybe back to point A. This is a once a month thing...

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
Scott 0168 and Boosted: I don't recall if you guys are subscribers to my book or not, but chapter 8 explains exactly why you might be disappointed in a trade-in offer on an 03 or 04, eveb if it is a "fair" one, and provides some better alternatives. Those alternatives probably won't work for you though Boosted.

Jim G

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I am not really disapointed in the trade in value, I saw this back when i joined in Feburary as there was a big deal made over it.

It should be expected that no GM will have a good turn around except for the vette. So after a little time or allot of my money going to my lawyer it will work out in the end.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,323 Posts
Yes, it is a GM extended warranty plan, the Major Guard level. They e-mailed me a huge spreadsheet from which to pick a plan from, included months, mileage, deductible and my cost. Pick a plan, make a call, done.

Mike
:seeya

Purple Penelope said:
Dragon....is that with a GM Plan??

P/P

Peace

·
Registered
178 Posts
If you're worried about resale buy a used one. If you want a new one you're getting the Employee Discount on it through the end of the month. As much as people want to believe it's a "buyers market" they're not going to sell it for less than employees discount unless they're stupid. Which if you find someone that will then go for it.

If you can, do NOT include a trade because that is the only place Chevy dealers can make any gross on the vehicles they sell right now. By giving you less for your trade they can make the money back by wholesale - ing it (sp?) They will also make the money if you purchase warrenty and GAP insurance (only if you're financing). If you have less than perfect credit they will also try and make 'back end' money by boosting the interest rate.

When you negotiate any car deal never negotiate payment. Always negotiate price then interest rate and if possible never include a trade.

Anyone else need secrets to buying cars the right way let me know.

COZ :reddevil

·
Registered
416 Posts
I would strongly recommend that you check the used market first. I almost bought new, then found a 2-month old used one with < 500 miles on it for > $4k less than a comparably equipped new one, even after the employee discount pricing and rebates.

With Internet classified services such as autotrader.com and cars.com, it's easier than every to find used vehicles nationwide (assuming you're in the US).

As for options, the 1SB package is a must, IMHO. And even on the silver SSrs (like mine), I prefer the body-color running boards and gauge package over the brushed metal finish.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts