Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We started having trouble with the brake lights about 2 years ago. After following the answers on the forum we did send in the ABCM for a rebuild and that solved it for a while. Then she overheated and the light come back on. this time after the rebuild we added the heat shield that the group suggested. but to no avail. the light comes on every time. we did send it back in for a double check on the rebuild but no good came of that. Has anyone got a suggestion of what to try next? the garage suggested rebuilding the pump. The pump? you can rebuild that?

Thanks for your time and help with this!

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
Have you checked associated wires that trigger the ABS warning. Could be just a frayed and/or loose connection. When I went thru the hassle of installing a device to alter my speedo after a rear gear swap, (in the process), I re-routed a wire coming from the VSS (speed sensor) on the transmission. My re-routing eliminated the connection that tells the VSS to tell the ECM to tell the ABS system..........that all is OK with the braking system.

As soon as I would leave my driveway for a test drive, the ABS warning light would trigger on the dash display.

So, all i'm saying is you might not have a genuine ABS problem beyond a mere disconnected wire that makes and/or breaks contact at times.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,495 Posts
There are three speed sensors that feed the EBCM with wheel speed signals. One on each front wheel and one on the transmission output shaft. If one of the sensors is defective or has a broken wire, you will get that indication in the cluster. I would suspect that it is one of the sensors on a front hub, since you have a good vehicle speed indication..... Check the front wheel sensors at the disconnect on the front suspension......

Regards,

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts