Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My ABS light came on this morning and stayed on. The same thing happened to my '99 Chevy Silverado and they had to replace a computer module. That must have something to do with the top because now I can't raise the top. When I try I get a message on the DIC that says " Depress brake pedal". I get the message even tho I have the my foot on the brake. I've got an appointment to take it in on Tuesday morning. Hope they have the part. My traction control also kicked off and I can't turn it back on.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ABS light fixed

I took it into the dealer this morning and my service writer found a service bulletin on the ABS light. It has to do with the ground strap. They checked and found the ground strap loose so they cleaned it and added a lock washer and that fixed it. When the ABS light comes on and stays on you can't raise or lower the top so it might be something to mention to the service dept. the next time you have your SSR in for service. Better to have it fixed before the problem occurs, especially if you live in a rainy area of the country.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
lloger said:
I took it into the dealer this morning and my service writer found a service bulletin on the ABS light. It has to do with the ground strap. They checked and found the ground strap loose so they cleaned it and added a lock washer and that fixed it. When the ABS light comes on and stays on you can't raise or lower the top so it might be something to mention to the service dept. the next time you have your SSR in for service. Better to have it fixed before the problem occurs, especially if you live in a rainy area of the country.
Lloger,

Do you know where this ground strap is located so we all can check it?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ground strap

No, Fred I sure don't. I didn't think to ask, but there is a service bulletin on it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,481 Posts
Abs Light

The service bulletin # is 04-05-25-002a and the problem is at ground #400. I don't no where that is but i am trying to find out. It is the EBCM ground.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,665 Posts
Traction control

lloger said:
My ABS light came on this morning and stayed on. The same thing happened to my '99 Chevy Silverado and they had to replace a computer module. That must have something to do with the top because now I can't raise the top. When I try I get a message on the DIC that says " Depress brake pedal". I get the message even tho I have the my foot on the brake. I've got an appointment to take it in on Tuesday morning. Hope they have the part. My traction control also kicked off and I can't turn it back on.
Lloger - I had a similar problem with the Traction Control the first month I had the truck. After screwing with it for almost a week and a half (they kept it) turned out it was a crimped wire in the switch. :banghead
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,502 Posts
X almost marks the spot.

QWKSSR said:
The service bulletin # is 04-05-25-002a and the problem is at ground #400. I don't no where that is but i am trying to find out. It is the EBCM ground.
It grounds to the frame on the left side, behind both the front wheel and the following body mount. My guestamate is that it's somewhere about even with the front of the door. Exactly where, (top, bottom, right or left of the frame member) is not visible in the diagram. But that should be close enough that it can be found by looking for it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Time out prob

wildcat66 said:
Lloger,
did you have any roof cycle time out problems before this ground problem?
No Machelle. I have never had any problem with roof cycle time outs. Mine has worked perfectly since day one. (Knock on wood!)
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top