Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Aqua Blur 6 Speed
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Six speed and in need of a ABS Module part No. 19299676, but can't seem to find one anywhere. I have found a couple for an automatic, so I'm wondering what the difference is between the automatic and the manual transmission ABS module. :blur:

·
Premium Member
1,993 Posts
Abs Module?

You probably do not need a new module. Contact Dragon2U, Dicktator, or Mike in AZ. They repair the modules. The OEM module has the low temp solder, they repair the module by replacing the with high temp solder.
Here is a link to Dicktators Cloud, scroll down to ABS BRAKE - ECBM Repair and click. Gives you an explanation of the repair and how to remove and re-install. https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&cid=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5

Jack

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,949 Posts
I have a 2005 Six speed and in need of a ABS Module part No. 19299676, but can't seem to find one anywhere. I have found a couple for an automatic, so I'm wondering what the difference is between the automatic and the manual transmission ABS module. :blur:
Your transmission is different from automatic but ABS is the same, Kelsey Hayes 325.

And you only need EBCM repaired, NEW ABS will have same problem you are having now.

Like Jack said, check out SSR How to Library

Dicktator

·
Registered
446 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but other than the module what would cause the system to indicate malfunction at start up?

My 2006 6spd will ding and flash at initial start, and if I turn off and restart the system is fine. Removed the unit and sent to be resoldered and issue remains. The electrical issues are becoming a real pain on this ride as I am still battling gremlin with door lock/unlock/alarm system. GRRRR....

·
Premium Member
2005 Aqua Blur 6 Speed
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, but when I have looked up the part number that Chevy gave me that I needed it is for a manual transmission for the EBCM. I have found the EBCM with a different part number but they say for an automatic. So I'm all confused :confused. So what you are saying is that they are the same for both transmissions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts