Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,758 Posts
Those were the good old days, when the kids stood up behind your seat or laid in the back window to sleep. No Seat Belts, bench seats so your girl could sit close to you. 8 people in the car to go to the drive in movie, and maybe two in the trunk. Cruising the main drag in town, then hand out at the Malt shop. Drag races on the roads just out of town.
"Those were the days my friend" we thought they would never end!!

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
You got that right Michael !!! Good post. I was 1 of those 2 guys in the Trunk one time and believe it or not the Drive In Theatre is STILL there ... located on old Route 66 in Litchfield, Illinois.

Thanks for the memories !!! tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Those were the good old days, when the kids stood up behind your seat or laid in the back window to sleep. No Seat Belts, bench seats so your girl could sit close to you. 8 people in the car to go to the drive in movie, and maybe two in the trunk. Cruising the main drag in town, then hand out at the Malt shop. Drag races on the roads just out of town.
Sadly they did END !!! Our "Drag Strip" was on the very edge of town also (State Route 104, Pawnee, Illinois) and late at night we'd go out to Dodd's Gas Service, turn around in the parkin' lot, line up and race back to the bridge over Horse Creek, about an 8th of a mile. Our Saturday night "battle cry" was "wanna' race to the bridge ??? then let's get it on"

Again thanks for your thoughts, enjoyed them. tennessseecozydog :ssr

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I resemble those remarks... I know the trunk of a 57 Chevy and a 69 Plymouth Fury III very well.

Slept in the back window of a 63 Impala.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,386 Posts
I resemble those remarks... I know the trunk of a 57 Chevy and a 69 Plymouth Fury III very well.

Slept in the back window of a 63 Impala.
I slept on the back shelf of a 49? Buick or a 52 Chevy. (two car family!) My younger sisters (twins) shared the back seat and the baby sis got the floor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts