Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am posting this for Chis. He is new to the forum and having some trouble.

I just left my car at a dealership that says to replace the ac.heater actuator is $100 for the part and the labor is $2150. Can anyone in the group repair this or know a less expensive way to repair this. Sure would appreciate some help. Chris Wied 817-296-8500

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
Yes

The SSR Forum "How TO Library" will show you the work required to make this repair. Lots of dismantling of dash is required, VERY labor intensive. BUT it can be done following the step by step instructions.

Wishing you the best. Long may you run.

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
Found it but

Thanks S.S.R. for the info. Did not see a post for A/C Actuator repair. Only saw one for A/C Actuator Calibration. Could it be listed as something else?

Thanks again for the help locating the H.T.L.:grin2:

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,377 Posts
I am posting this for Chis. He is new to the forum and having some trouble.
Where is Chis located? I know someone here that got it done reasonable. I think most people just LEAVE it on "Recirculate", that stops the noise, and save the $$$$.

Nick

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,392 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
HushMat

Did it start when you started using your heater? If so you may try turning the heat down from max. The worst are the air recirculation. I put the Hush Mat in when I had mine torn apart, that was at least a good by product.

They can be re indexed, but I really have not heard of anyone that worked for.

I have a picture of mine to see what it looked like torn apart. I could send if I could figure out how to attach the picture.

Dave

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts
Did it start when you started using your heater? If so you may try turning the heat down from max. The worst are the air recirculation. I put the Hush Mat in when I had mine torn apart, that was at least a good by product.

They can be re indexed, but I really have not heard of anyone that worked for.

I have a picture of mine to see what it looked like torn apart. I could send if I could figure out how to attach the picture.

Dave
It's not difficult, I think most people screw up is they don't slide across to upload.

Attachments

·
Two Tone Owner
2,655 Posts
When mine started making noise, we reached up there with a long tool with a hook on the end and took off the electric plug. Noise gone and it works OK.:yellow::yellow:

·
Registered
57 Posts
We had the same problem when we got our 'R' earlier this year. I bought 3 actuators and a blend door (about $300 in parts) and took them to a body shop here in Rockwall, Tx. I chose them instead of an a/c shop because of the complexity of the pulling dash. A dealership was NEVER an option. They did fantastic with it. Took less than a week and our climate controls are 100% new. We were not content with a compromised air conditioner. We also replaced the headliner with an insulated one and tinted the windows. You can chill beer or bake cookies in there now, all while blow drying your hair. Cost $800 and worth every penny. The next closest estimate was $1600 and it probably would have escalated because our guy found the blend door hinge was actually broken. He has a video and documentation he made for himself to do the next one and he said he is willing. I highly recommend him and I would certainly drive to Tarrant County if the tables were turned. Let me know if you are interested.

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
$800

So the labor was $800 + the $300 + in parts? Just asking to clarify. Wonderful post and option for other R owners Thanks.

We had the same problem when we got our 'R' earlier this year. I bought 3 actuators and a blend door (about $300 in parts) and took them to a body shop here in Rockwall, Tx. I chose them instead of an a/c shop because of the complexity of the pulling dash. A dealership was NEVER an option. They did fantastic with it. Took less than a week and our climate controls are 100% new. We were not content with a compromised air conditioner. We also replaced the headliner with an insulated one and tinted the windows. You can chill beer or bake cookies in there now, all while blow drying your hair. Cost $800 and worth every penny. The next closest estimate was $1600 and it probably would have escalated because our guy found the blend door hinge was actually broken. He has a video and documentation he made for himself to do the next one and he said he is willing. I highly recommend him and I would certainly drive to Tarrant County if the tables were turned. Let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes, $300 total for 3 AC/Delco actuators and a blend door. All parts came from Chevrolet dealer except one actuator. It apparently is no longer available from Chevrolet so I got it from Mike in Arizona. I think he may have all 3 available, better verify. Anyway, got all new parts and my ducts all properly connected in the bargain. No broken parts by the shop.
Terry

1 - 18 of 18 Posts