Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd put out a little list of things I wish they'd have for the SSR's already but don't see. Or maybe they ARE out and I just don't know where to look ? Anyways, through your ideas on there too.

Dashboard cover ...

Maybe a button on the remote that openned the top automatically ;-) ( added wow factor ) ...

Floor mats that covered MORE of the floor ?? Driver's side is leaving about 1/3 of the carpet open at the left foot ?

Ummm .... damn I had more but now I'm drawing a blank ?

Anymore ???

·
Registered
98 Posts
Compass
Outside temp gauge
additional radio controls on steering wheel (next programmed station or next cd), (switch am/fm/cd )
Decent cup holders. Either larger in dash or a stable big one on console.
XM Radio

Otherwise a great car

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,334 Posts
I'd like to see satin chrome appliques for the three horizontal grille slats. No need to paint or decal! :thumbs

·
Registered
13 Posts
Chris-in-Cali said:
Just thought I'd put out a little list of things I wish they'd have for the SSR's already but don't see. Or maybe they ARE out and I just don't know where to look ? Anyways, through your ideas on there too.

Dashboard cover ...

Maybe a button on the remote that openned the top automatically ;-) ( added wow factor ) ...

Floor mats that covered MORE of the floor ?? Driver's side is leaving about 1/3 of the carpet open at the left foot ?

Ummm .... damn I had more but now I'm drawing a blank ?

Anymore ???

Dashboard Cover...Embroidered
Custom Embroidered Floor Mats
Also Embroidered SSR Car Covers, Seat Belt Shoulder Cushions, Embroidered Underhood Insulators, etc.....

Read up on the floormats and dash covers:

http://www.carmotorsports.com/floormats.htm
http://www.carmotorsports.com/dashcovers.htm

Rich

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ActuallyI must say ....
I do have the embroidered car cover.
The wife bought it for my off E-bay. $285 .... dealership wants $480 ???
Check it out. Fit's snug too

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,334 Posts
Well, now that my wish for grille appliques / overlays may be coming true - I'll try for another! I wish someone made rear springs only that dropped the rear about 3/4" to 1" and leave the front as is.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
beer100 said:
An inflatable spare tire.

Interesting. I wonder if it is possible to have a spare that could be inflated to two different sizes. Dosen't seem likely.
Most temporary spare tires usually have a smaller diameter than the stock tire, so go for the rear tire size. :rolleyes:

RickSSR :cool

·
Registered
87 Posts
Accessory Dream List

I want a power closer (pull down) for the bed cover. I don't mind slamming the tail gate but that bed cover is a pain.... and I am leaving the tail gate down when I close the bed cover.

It's the first vehicle I've owned since 1980 that doesn't have an outside temperature display.

A compass in the corner of the rear view mirror would be nice.

Run Flats with a readout similar to the C5 would be welcome too.

How about a big custom cut carpeted floor mat for the bed so it can be removed for the Home Depot weekend runs.

A HUD similar to the Corvettes would cure a bunch of egonomic issues.

In the mean time, I'm still lovin' every minute behind the wheel.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
is this avable to buy now

BlastfromPast said:
I'd like to see satin chrome appliques for the three horizontal grille slats. No need to paint or decal! :thumbs
is this avable at this time is so what is the cost

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I emailed the web site that is supposedly making them but have not heard back from them yet. I would love to get "Satin", not chrome, overlays for the front grill bars so they match the "satin" bow tie w/chevy logo.

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,334 Posts
cruzned said:
I would love to get "Satin", not chrome, overlays for the front grill bars so they match the "satin" bow tie w/chevy logo.
Me too!! That is exactly what I want. They would be more durable than paint or vinyl, and much easier to install. I hope this is what "Axiom" is coming out with!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Decent cup holders on the console

I'd love to see decent cup holders on the console as I
squished mine while moving seat forward with the power button to stash sun
visor behind the seat LOL
Ladyinred :angel
Lizz

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Just got an email from Axiom and they said they will start shipping and taking orders later this month. Their car is going to the Nov. SEMA show.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Wish list

Sum things I'd like 2 c offered....

Engine options....5.3, 6.0, or 427ci Rat motor.
Tranny options...Auto, 4spd close ratio, 6spd close ratio, AWD.
Rear end options...336, 373, 411, 456 n 513
Body styles......SSR 2door, SSR 5door(Vintage Suburban type)
Suspension....Stock type or adjustable low rider.

The rest is jus glitz n glitter....it's all OK with me. :thumbs

:cool

1 - 18 of 18 Posts