Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While in Houghton Lake last weekend. An acorn feel out of a 50ft tree and dented the cargo lid. Right smack in the middle. :mad

When I came home I was so upset. My husband being the great guy he is took it to work today. He had a contact of a guy who could take out the dent without being noticed.

He called me just a few minutes ago and said I wouldn't beleive it -you can't even tell-said it looks like new and that I was going to be totally amazed.

The gentleman placed a small light on the top of the cargo lid with it raised and then placed a small tool underneath to smooth out the dent. Cost $60.00.

Well worth it to me! A dent on the cargo lid is extremely noticeable and I didn't want it there.

So anyone with any dents. They can be removed with no problem. :thumbs

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
hotrodgirl,

Same thing happens here in the north Georgia mountains too, so for about 2 months, you CANNOT park you car near trees.

Glad to hear that your dent came out OK.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I also had a dent in my right front fender. I was pulling out of my driveway and hit my trash can, the dent wasn't verry big but it looked like the grang canyon to me. Luky for me I waork at a dealership and had the dent remover guy do it. and it only cost $10.00 I couldn't get my money out fast enough. now you would never know I had a dent. I also set the trash cans out further now.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Acorn Warning

wingrider said:
I also had a dent in my right front fender. I was pulling out of my driveway and hit my trash can, the dent wasn't verry big but it looked like the grang canyon to me. Luky for me I waork at a dealership and had the dent remover guy do it. and it only cost $10.00 I couldn't get my money out fast enough. now you would never know I had a dent. I also set the trash cans out further now.

Wingrider

You live up there you should have given me an ACORN WARNING (just kiddin)
I really had no choice of parking it. My mom's lot is covered with trees, Their was no safe place to park it.
Wish it would have only cost me $10.00 to remove it. But thats ok-the dent bothered me more than the $60.00.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,664 Posts
Dentless Repairs

A couple of years ago we had a severe hail storm. The size of the hail were as big as golf balls. :eek My Tahoe got creamed! It look like someone had shot 20 dozen golf balls at my truck at 50 MPH! I never thought that they could get dents out of window pillars and roof lines and every corner that one can imagine.

However to my surprise I watched them remove some of the dents and it was really amazing to see them work out everyone of the dents. I knew where the big hits were and I couldn't find one mark of evidence after they were done.

AMAZING work... I would certainly call a dentless repair guy out first before I would try doing any kind of body work. :thumbs

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hail on Maiden Voyage

I picked up my 03 a few hours from home in February, 04. In the first 30 miles of the trip home...HAIL! Parked at the first underpass (or is it overpass?) and cried all the way home, but I couldn't tell about the damage...still driving in rain. Got her cleaned up and...no dents. Whew!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts