Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006 SSR
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My trunk lid will not latch and my Chevy dealer said I need a new relay (I'm thinking it is called an actuator). Problem is he says Chevy does not make this part any longer and he is unable to find one ANWHERE in the U.S.
Part # is 1579 4453.
Does anyone know where I might find this part?
Thank you.
2006 Aqua Blur owner

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,190 Posts
My trunk lid will not latch and my Chevy dealer said I need a new relay (I'm thinking it is called an actuator). Problem is he says Chevy does not make this part any longer and he is unable to find one ANWHERE in the U.S.
Part # is 1579 4453.
Does anyone know where I might find this part?
Thank you.
2006 Aqua Blur owner
Try pulling the relay in the underhood fuse box that operates the release. It may allow you to close the lid and have it latch. If this is the case, you may have the emergency release cable (that is connected to the glow-in-the-dark handle on the left side of the bed) bound or stuck in the pulled position. This will hold the actuator in the release position.

You may also have an actuator that is physically stuck in the extended position, holding the cables in a way that prevents the latches from closing.......

Regards,

MIke

·
Registered
482 Posts
If I remember correctly the release can be replaced with this item found on eBay :

New Trunk Lock Actuator Assembly for VW Beetle Polo Touareg 3B0959781C

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
You could try Wild Bills SSR parts, scroll down to the vendors list.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,628 Posts
Thank you! Still hoping to find an OEM somewhere....
If you are thinking of a NEW OEM, probably impossible! A used OEM will be as old as yours and may only last a few months. If its not something simple like the relay or kinked Emergency Release cable, and, in fact needs replacing, -----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive, and someone close by might be able to help out.

Nick

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
Right, they even say it's a replacement and the electrical plug must be changed.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,628 Posts
And---a lot more $$$ than Dicktator's fix--because it has parts you probably don't need!!

Nick

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,956 Posts
The one they are showing on eBay IS a V/W Actuator not the SSR OEM and it works fine!!

Connector has different Cover for pins.

Opening "push" arm has different attachment than SSR OEM, just slides off and slide on, works fine!!

V/W actuator on eBay was about $20. bucks

It is on SSR How to Library: https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&cid=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5

Look up BED RELEASE ACUATOR Part# too.

Hope this helps.

Dicktator

1. OEM release slides off shaft with rubber boot.
2. Two Pin connection, left SSR OEM, right V/W
3. End release attachments that "pushes" Bed Release Arm. Left/White SSR OEM, right/Black V/W
4. Wire connections.
5. Actuator mounted in Bed Release Module.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts