Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made some of these for the sides of the "R" to add a splash of color. They are red reflective with a black outline. Thought I'd throw it out there to see if there was any interest from other fanatics? They could also be done with a white outline (for dark color trucks) or no outline. They are aprox. 9" x 3". Other sizes could be done to suit different needs. Any interest??

Wizzr.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,842 Posts
Made some of these for the sides of the "R" to add a splash of color. They are red reflective with a black outline. Thought I'd throw it out there to see if there was any interest from other fanatics? They could also be done with a white outline (for dark color trucks) or no outline. They are aprox. 9" x 3". Other sizes could be done to suit different needs. Any interest??

Wizzr.
I'M assuming they are vinyl, but you know what assume does. What is Price?

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SWT RYD,

Yes, high performance 3M vinyl.

And yes, we do know what assume does, lol.

Price...$12 pet set, shipped to you.

BTW, The "R" could also be white reflective or black reflective with a red, white or black outline depending upon the vehicle color and the owners desires.

Love the reflective vinyl. the way it seems to dance as light crosses it.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
4,137 Posts
Since the tail gate Chrome SS and Red R's are no longer available like I did with my truck, this is a nice look!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! Yeah, the original is a very nice way to go. I can do the the "SS" in a brushed aluminium or silver vinyl as well. However, I thought the larger "R" by itself made a nice bold statement.

·
Premium Member
7,432 Posts
SWT RYD,

Yes, high performance 3M vinyl.

And yes, we do know what assume does, lol.

Price...$12 pet set, shipped to you.

BTW, The "R" could also be white reflective or black reflective with a red, white or black outline depending upon the vehicle color and the owners desires.

Love the reflective vinyl. the way it seems to dance as light crosses it.
"pet" set !!! Could I get a pair for my Grand Dog ??? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: t-dog

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,798 Posts
Utah, they are carbon fiber vinyl wrap. I did it.
How does the vinyl stand up to the gravel and sand and grit? I know they are new but please report back after a couple hundred miles.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
How does the vinyl stand up to the gravel and sand and grit? I know they are new but please report back after a couple hundred miles.
BlueStreak, not to worry.

As a sign maker, I deal with and use a number of different types of vinyl. In general, vinyl is pretty tough stuff once applied. There are many types of vinyl... let's call them "light weight", that are used for less demanding environmental conditions. Most signage and window lettering you might see would be of the "light weight" variety. Then there's the more substantial vinyls... the "heavy weights". These are industrial usage type vinyls. These can withstand more serious abuse. You'll find them on highway signs, industrial application and yes, vehicle wraps. These heavy duty vinyls can withstand a boatload of abuse.

The reflective vinyl I used for these "R's" falls into the "heavy weight" catagory. They will "take a lickin' and keep on tickin" as Timex used to say.

On a similar note, I used carbon fiber vehicle wrap vinyl to wrap my stone guards almost a year ago. They still look like new with about 4,000 miles on them.

So, while I appreciate your concern, the truth is I have no doubt these will stand up quite well to what ever environmental issues the side of a truck will encounter. Well... except a wreck of course.

But hey, if I'm wrong someone could strip the old "R" off and replace them for $12.00!! :wink2:

·
My First Permagrin !
572 Posts
HI wizzr
I like your idea of just the large R .
I've been thinking of doing like HUAW, with the silver SS and either a black or silver R .
I'd be interested in that combo for my truck .
If you can maybe design some different options .
I'm sure many other fanatics would appreciate your handy work and want to purchase them .
Thanks ,Dave

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HI wizzr
I've been thinking of doing like HUAW, with the silver SS and either a black or silver R .
I'm sure many other fanatics would appreciate your handy work and want to purchase them .
Thanks ,Dave
Hi Dave.
Thanks for the comments. I personally like the large R too.

Please know that I am not trying to "sell" these. At $12 a set I'm basically covering my expenses. I'd like to think that I'm offering the group something they might find value in and want to hang on their truck.

I can do the "SS" and "R" logo together as per the original factory design. Sadly I cannot do pics of said layout on a truck because mine is already done and there's not another truck here in town that I personally know of.

Here's what I can do...
To comfortably fill the rear quarter space between the door and the rear fender and keep the logos dimensionally correct, the sizes should to be aprox.:
R logo alone = 3" tall by 9" wide
SS logo and R logo together= 2.5" tall by 11" wide
These can be distorted if someone desires (i.e. make the SS and R logos 3" tall by 11" wide). But just know they are distorted and may appear a little different.

I can make the SS and/or R logo in one of 3 reflective colors: red, white or black. The white and black have a silver cast to them. In other words, when the light hits them just right, they appear silver.

I can make the outline in solid colors: red, white or black.

The user can pick and choose any color combination for either or both logos.

Cost for 3x9 "R" logo = $12.00 per set (2)
Cost for 2.5x11 "SS" and "R" logo = $15.00 per set (2)
Other sizes: quoted per request.

Hope that all makes sense.

Regards, Mark.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
4,137 Posts
BTW... are the side pipes functional?
@wizzr No the side pipes are just for show. Cutting a hole in the frame for the live pipe didn't make me warm and fuzzy!
:surprise:

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sandy, You're right. This is a sweet spot for a little extra bling. And the new dressing goes well with the new door pulls I just got from you. Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
HI wizzr
Thanks ,Dave
Dave, for some reason the site isn't letting me respond to your PM. Go figure.
Please email me : [email protected]

Mark

1 - 20 of 74 Posts