Chevy SSR Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Daily Driver
8,976 Posts
Yes, the blue reflective would look nice all right.

But there are issues at play that make the application and installation almost impossible. The reflective material I use is a very heavy vinyl. It will not work to cover sharp edges.

The bow tie emblem is actually a 3 dimensional piece. It has depth to it. As such, if using the reflective vinyl, you could only cover the face of the emblem and not the sides. You'd have gold edges.
Could you cover the whole bowtie with the thinner material then do just the face with the heavier reflective stuff?

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Bruce, yes. You can do the whole bow tie with a "vehicle wrap" type vinyl. You need a vinyl that will stretch and conform. Traditional type vinyls don't have the characteristics needed for this type of application. I did mine in white.

Attachments

·
My First Permagrin !
572 Posts
So I bought some cheap chrome vinyl wrap off eBay 2 years ago . For under $15 I figured give it a try . I like the way it looks from 5 ft away up close you can tell it’s not the real thing . It’s very strong stuff and a little hard to do the corners . It was my first attempt at doing any kind of wrap . Dave

Attachments

61 - 74 of 74 Posts