Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the weather has turned colder, my rear sway bar is squeaking especially first starting out. Has anyone changed to a different bushing material to solve this? Any other solutions that have worked? Thanks!

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,777 Posts
Since the weather has turned colder, my rear sway bar is squeaking especially first starting out. Has anyone changed to a different bushing material to solve this? Any other solutions that have worked? Thanks!
My front one squeeked....until I through some oil on it......2 years ago:)

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
I've never had a problem with the rear, but I did add a grease fitting to each front mount to cure that problem. It's very easy process, and I haven't had to grease them since (two years).

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've never had a problem with the rear, but I did add a grease fitting to each front mount to cure that problem. It's very easy process, and I haven't had to grease them since (two years).
Can you drill and tap them in place or do you need to remove them? Do you drill through the poly also all the way to the bar to alow grease there, or is the squeak mainly between the bushing and the housing?

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
I drilled all the way through to the sway bar, then just screwed the grease fitting into the hole without tapping it - no problem.

Can you drill and tap them in place or do you need to remove them? Do you drill through the poly also all the way to the bar to alow grease there, or is the squeak mainly between the bushing and the housing?

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I drilled all the way through to the sway bar, then just screwed the grease fitting into the hole without tapping it - no problem.
O.K. Thanks!:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts