Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
13,085 Posts
I added to my SSR HOW TO LIBRARY:

SPARE FUSE LOCATIONS

This is a Ed Borland aka ED in Fl presentation who provided pictures and information.

Really, Really will help prevent bad, wrong wiring for any additional electric items you would like to add to your SSR.

Remember we have Multiplex Class2 wiring, you can NOT just "twist" or "splice" wire together. Multiplex wiring carries more than one signal over SAME wire.

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&cid=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5

Dicktator

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Dicktator,
I like this helpful instruction but the specs of the new jumper are not included. What size wire and length is used in the making, and what fuse holders and fuses are to be used. The pics are small enough that I can't tell and I believe it to be important. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks
calook1967

·
Daily Driver
8,967 Posts
I believe the purpose of Ed's "Spare Fuse Location" pdf was to show how/where to hook up an aftermarket accessory.
The size of the fuse and wire would depend on what and where the accessory is installed.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,644 Posts
I believe the purpose of Ed's "Spare Fuse Location" pdf was to show how/where to hook up an aftermarket accessory.
The size of the fuse and wire would depend on what and where the accessory is installed.
I would add that ED used the Fuse adapter to get the drop side of the fuse to where it can be used and I believe that wire is 18ga. at best so if using this procedure the load should not exceed the capacity of that wire without a relay in place to carry the operating load. I am open to correction if someone thinks I am incorrect. I do tend toward the conservative side when it comes to electricity.

·
Premium Member
2,607 Posts
I would add that ED used the Fuse adapter to get the drop side of the fuse to where it can be used and I believe that wire is 18ga. at best so if using this procedure the load should not exceed the capacity of that wire without a relay in place to carry the operating load. I am open to correction if someone thinks I am incorrect. I do tend toward the conservative side when it comes to electricity.
I understand the "drill" described here so as to have the fuse as an active part of the added accessory. But I'm trying to get my mind around what if the fuse adapter was reversed.

I'm thinking it would still power the added accessory, but the fuse would not be in line.........

Is that correct.:puzzled:

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,644 Posts
I understand the "drill" described here so as to have the fuse as an active part of the added accessory. But I'm trying to get my mind around what if the fuse adapter was reversed.

I'm thinking it would still power the added accessory, but the fuse would not be in line.........

Is that correct.:puzzled:
You got it. The Fuse would then be protecting the empty hole in the fuse block and nothing else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts