Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I resit my computer and all electronics when I pull the battery leads off to add a battery tender?

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
37,460 Posts
Everything should be ok the computer will reset itself. Put both windows down before disconnecting the battery and you will have to re-index the windows (very easy)

Window Indexing".

To set the window indexing, open the doors and lower the windows.
Close the doors.
Raise the window to the full up position and hold the UP button for a few seconds.
Lower the window to the full down position and hold the Down button for a few seconds.
Repeat on the other window.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything should be ok the computer will reset itself. Put both windows down before disconnecting the battery and you will have to re-index the windows (very easy)

Window Indexing".

To set the window indexing, open the doors and lower the windows.
Close the doors.
Raise the window to the full up position and hold the UP button for a few seconds.
Lower the window to the full down position and hold the Down button for a few seconds.
Repeat on the other window.
Thank you so very much, James Dean. I just got my SSR and I'm trying to learn as much as I can. Your assistance and some of the other members have been so beneficial. Thank you again.
One last question. When I roll the windows down and disconnect the battery, I assume that when I reconnect the battery I roll the windows up with the door closed and then proceed to window index?
Respectfully, Joe C

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
@Joe C, Welcome from Forney Texas. Consider clicking on the round Letter/Picture, top far right corner, go down to "Account Settings", click, and fill in your information. Especially your LOCATION and the year of your SSR, like the rest of us. Then go the the left side and click on "Signature". Also put the year of your SSR in your "Signature", and anything else you want to show in your posts, so we can help you better if you have a problem. When you finish click the "SAVE" box.
Also curious why you want to disconnect Battery?

Nick & Kathy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Joe C, Welcome from Forney Texas. Consider clicking on the round Letter/Picture, top far right corner, go down to "Account Settings", click, and fill in your information. Especially your LOCATION and the year of your SSR, like the rest of us. Then go the left side and click on "Signature". Also put the year of your SSR in your "Signature", and anything else you want to show in your posts, so we can help you better if you have a problem. When you finish click the "SAVE" box.
Also curious why you want to disconnect Battery?

Nick & Kathy
Good morning Nick and Kathy and thank you so much for the information. I will follow your directions. I have always used a battery tender on my cars. It keeps the battery fully charged and at least in my previous vehicles, it has extended my battery by years.
Thank you again. respectfully, Joe C

·
Registered
69 Posts
Good morning Nick and Kathy and thank you so much for the information. I will follow your directions. I have always used a battery tender on my cars. It keeps the battery fully charged and at least in my previous vehicles, it has extended my battery by years.
Thank you again. respectfully, Joe C
I agree with the battery tender, but why disconnect the battery? I always leave my battery connected and it works fine.

·
BAD BOW TIE
8,685 Posts
How do I resit my computer and all electronics when I pull the battery leads off to add a battery tender?
Battery tender plus makes an extension cord with a cigar lighter type end on it. I called Battery Tender and they advised that would be a good safe way to hook it up. Very cheap. I bought one and use the receptacle in the bed upper right rear area. That receptacle is made to take a heavy load as it is for your air compressor. Plug it in whenever not driving it. Good luck.

·
Slingshot Rules!
62,210 Posts
No need to disconnect the battery . . .

I have been using a Battery Tender Plus on both of my vehicles for many years and have never touched the battery leads.

Good Luck.

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
@Joe C, if you are installing a disconnect pigtail, a lot of us use the Red Battery/jumper Box on the passenger inner fender for the Hot/Positive connection. I just got another nut and attached the Ring connector onto the stud without disconnecting anything.

Nick

·
Registered
401 Posts
I ran my Tender lead from the battery out through the hole by the tag lights. BUT when I was hooking it up I had the tender hooked up to the POS jump start post under the hood and a ground to the engine. This was just in case I did lose power from the battery. That way I didn't have to worry about resetting anything. Also worked when I did a battery replace just a few months ago.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
37,460 Posts
Thank you so very much, James Dean. I just got my SSR and I'm trying to learn as much as I can. Your assistance and some of the other members have been so beneficial. Thank you again.
One last question. When I roll the windows down and disconnect the battery, I assume that when I reconnect the battery I roll the windows up with the door closed and then proceed to window index?
Respectfully, Joe C
Yes and then start the window index with the doors shut .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts